Florida-North Florida
Options

GoGift.com??

Have any of you used GoGift.com as a registery for your weddings and what did you think of them? I'm concerned about how legit they are and am a bit leary because I have to link our checking account to the gift account...Not sure if we should do it or not. -Stacie
Me: 33 DH: 36 History of left ovarian pain and cysts. Laporoscopy in 1999 and 2001 showed possible cysts and minor adhesions. TTC since May 2011. Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL Sperm motility and morph 80% (Normal). HSG on 3/23/12 shows bilateral mid-tubal obstructions. Laparoscopy 5/22/12 revealed 100% bilateral obstruction, IVF only option to conceive.

Re: GoGift.com??

• Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds strange, Are there things you want that you cannot get at other registries?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, it's just that TheKnot recommends it as a tactful way to have your guests send cash gifts instead. We don't really want a lot of gifts since we are planning on doing a major remodel of the house. I have read about it in Modern Bride as well, but I was just wondering if anyone has actually used them.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 History of left ovarian pain and cysts. Laporoscopy in 1999 and 2001 showed possible cysts and minor adhesions. TTC since May 2011. Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL Sperm motility and morph 80% (Normal). HSG on 3/23/12 shows bilateral mid-tubal obstructions. Laparoscopy 5/22/12 revealed 100% bilateral obstruction, IVF only option to conceive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do plan on having a small regular registery as well, just thought this might be quick and easy since most of our guests do not know each other.
  • Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked it out some. I really dont like that there is a 7.75% handling fee added to everyone who would give you a donation on the site. I would recommend doing your small registry at a store and then just telling close family i.e. parents how you would prefer cash- people will likely ask them what you prefer, just like our grandma and many others did.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using honeyfund.com and there are no handling fees. It is mainly geared toward people funding your honeymoon (via checks, cash, or paypal) but it does have options to add other things like home improvements and furniture.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll have to check Honeyfund out. We both do not have much family left to spread the word, but some of our friends already know what we would prefer, so hopefully they spread the word.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards