Florida-North Florida
Options

St. Aug Brides- Who is your Photographer?

And what, if you don't mind me asking, are you paying? Starting to do some browsing - really liking Dana Goodson's site, and Limelight- any tips/suggestions? Thanks!

Re: St. Aug Brides- Who is your Photographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Jaime Smith from Couture Wedding Studios out of Green Cove Springs (review in married bio).  We paid about $1800 because we got married in January (they charged us the off season rate), but I don't know how much their prices have gone up since then.  Jaime takes beautiful pictures though! 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kappa- I love your photos. Doesn't hurt that you're so beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Dana Goodson, but I can only speak of how she is talking with so far.  We're taking our engagement pics on Tuesday, and I can let you know more after that, but I already love her.  She's been so great about responding to emails and such, and is such a wonderful person when you meet with and talk with her.  We met with several photographers before choosing (the others were in Jax, which is actually where we're getting married), and she seemed so much more genuinely interested in our lives and wedding and how we met each other and everything.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks- I absolutely love her photos. Came across a lot of them when we were looking at and deciding on venues. We're doing a destination wedding- we live in Boston (I went to Flagler), so it'll be hard to actually meet with people, and I'm really interested in other people's experiences!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend checking our Jenn Hopkins out of Jacksonville - http://www.jennhopkinsphotography.com/

I also HIGHLY recomment  Kellie with KWU weddings out of Orlando...she is who we used. She travels to St. Augustine (this is where we got married)  http://www.kwuweddings.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Dara! I'll have a look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Katie Weber and I love her! I was actually a bridesmaid in a wedding she did last year and I was so impressed with her that I decided to use her for my October wedding :-) Plus she lives here in St. Augustine so she knows all of the great places for photo ops! I shopped around and she was definitely one of the least expensive too! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Dana Goodson...she was worth every penny we paid for her!  She was wonderful to work with for our engagement pictures and our wedding.  She is really friendly and makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera.  We lost power for the majority of our reception, and you cant even tell from her pictures how dark it was--she definately brought plenty of back up lighting and knew how to handle non-ideal situations.  I would recommend calling her and talking on the phone if you cant meet with her in person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bailey-- Dana told me about your wedding, where the power went out!  That's incredible that she managed so well, and I can't wait to see how all my pictures turn out.

Knitti-- And another thing about Dana: I know she's told me that a lot of people just call and book her without meeting her, so if you decided to do that, since you're in Boston, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using La Dolce Vita Studio. They are a couple based out of Jacksonville and they do a lot in Nashville. They are willing to travel anywhere though. We love Melanie and Bradford! They are kind of expensive though, but photography was one of the most important things for us, so we splurged on them! We met with 3 photographers in St. Augustine, but we never 'clicked'. One photographer that we did like from St. Augustine, that was our 2nd choice, is Scott Smith. He was really laid back and easy to talk to, and a little cheaper. So there's another option. HTH!
  • Options
    4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Don Keeton....@ donkeetonphotography.com
    He is in St Augustine, and his studio is right on the beach- that's where we did the engagement shots.  His prices were much lower than others, and he gave us 2 CD's with all the photos on them.  He took over 1400 pics!!
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Tonya Beaver Photography..amazing service and wonderful photos! Tonya was amazing and helped make sure everything went smoothly on the day of in addition to capturing our special day perfectly!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I love Dana's work, but it'd really be a stretch to afford her. Will look into some of the others mentioned. Thanks, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Brooke Images 

They are a husband and wife team based out of Jax. I already took my engagement pictures with them and I totally love them! Very friendly and good rates in my opinion. I was willing to spend a pretty penny for my pictures since this will be one of my only memories of my wedding. :D 
    Anniversary Birthday Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fox Fotography!  Hands down, enough said ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards