Florida-North Florida
Options

Photographer help!!

Photography is very important to me for my wedding, but I'm having trouble finding a photographer that we like and can afford! We want someone who is going to take awesome pictures, but at an affordable price. Anyone know of a good photographer that's not so expensive in the Jacksonville area!?????? 

Re: Photographer help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just made a post about Britney Kay. She is awesome and affordable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Ivey Pictures - Krissy and Chad are amazing and seriously are the sweetest people ever. We were having the hardest time working with a budget and getting an amazing photographer in our price range and we found them! Not only are the super awesome, but they only do one wedding a weekend so they can devote all their time to you! Not to mention - it's unlimited coverage too, so you don't have to worry about time! Here is their website, let them know Anne sent you :)www.iveypictures.com
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ivey Pictures as well!  They are awesome!  They have done several sessions (pregnancy and family) with friends of mine as well as their wedding. Very reasonably priced, less expensive than msot quotes for 1 photographer for 4-6 hours.  You get them both and ALL day!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Seth Beaudreau. If you are just looking for affordable time coverage and photo rights he is definitely good. It's his photo wedding story books that can be pricey! He is really passionate about what he does and I really clicked with him. A friend used him and highly recommended.

I had met with Stan Badz, recommended by our venue. He was $1500 for all day coverage, engagement session and photo rights and some other extra perks but I just like Seth's photos better. Either would be good professionals depending on your tastes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also highly recommend Sara Purdy- she's fantastic and her rates are SO reasonable! We just booked her for our November 2012 wedding in St Augustine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Fox Fotography.  Rachel is awesome and communicates very well.  I am very difficult and always have questions and she never seems annoyed or bothered no matter how many times I email her.  And the great thing is you get 2 photographers for the price of one.  Her husband works with her and I like that b/c they are a team that always works together rather than an "assistan" stepping in.  When paying good money I need star performers all the way around.  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    La Dolce Vita is awesome! Melanie is the sweetest. She and her husband are great to work with, and communicate well! ladolcevitastudio.com
  • Options
    cmg317cmg317 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a similar issue in Pensacola. The ones I can find that are affordable don't seem to like to respond to phone calls or e-mails. How does one run a business without calling back those who want to pay you for your services. I'm having the same trouble with bakeries.  I'm open to suggestions.
  • Options
    JessicaNewtonJessicaNewton member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a wedding photographer in Pensacola and I'd love to work with you!

My prices are very reasonable.

If you are interested or have any questions feel free to contact me =)

jessicabnewton@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know of a few terrific ones in the St. Augustine area:

http://www.gregleperaphotography.com/portfolio

http://gerryb.com/

http://www.ztphoto.com/

All of them are really nice guys, with diverse portfolios that differ in shooting styles. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards