Florida-North Florida

no wedding maybe

good morning ladies hope everyone is starting off to a great morning.

On another note Im extremely depressed  & stressed. This wedding stuff is consuming all of my energy and time and im still stuck at sq 1. We originally had a budget of 5k and 50 people didn't see that happening so I cut the list down to 10-15 which was really hard. I looked at different venues house rentals but most responses from venues is that my party is too small and house rentals my party is too big. I dont know any other options or ideas and right now I just feel like giving up.

Re: no wedding maybe

• Where do you live?   You could always get married in a park, or on the beach and  If you have just 10-15 people you could consider using the party room' at a restaurant  or cater something at your own home. 
  • thanks i live in jacksonville fl
  • I am not sure what all venues you have checked - but there is a place in Orange Park called the Winterbourne in that was on my list except my guest list is too large (the tables wouldn't all be in the same room).  They have cheaper prices for friday and sunday weddings or saturday afternoon.  There are also several Bed and Breakfasts that will do small weddings.   I hope you are able to find a place that suits you!
  • I have a similar budget of $5k and 50 guests and I'm getting married at Maclay Gardens in Tallahassee. It's BEAUTIFUL and very inexpensive!
  • Have you looked into Maggiano's at Town Center? I had a work event there and the rooms were really nice and the catering menus very reasonable.
  • I feel your pain!! Because my parents are in a nasty divorce my budget has changed almost every month this year- it started out at 10k and now we are down to no money at all from my parents and we can only come up with 1k - that being said the pena peck house in st Augustine is where we r going to have it (if I had Ur 5k budget I would have my dream wedding - there is a big beautiful courtyard with a stone wall surrounding it and all kinds of plants that are maintained by a volunteer womens group- for $1600 u can have 50 guests the place for a whole day (plus the night before for the rehersal) tables and chairs and china and tablecloths are included plus they have bride and groom rooms to get ready in (also included in the price) u could have the purple olive cater it (they have full plated meals that start at $20/head it's already in a garden so u wouldn't need much in the way of flowers- I had the whole thing budgeted out with dj food drinks dress alterations tux for the groom I mean everything for just 4k I know ur in jax but it might work for u just fyi
  • I agree with what Mary said. Definitely check out some parks, I'm pretty sure there is no cost to use them, and this would eliminate any floral costs outside of a bouqet. And just have your dinner somewhere nice. If you did it downtown, I know Blue Fish Jax is extremely reasonable and has a seperate room. The River City Brewing Co was pretty reasonable as well.

Personally, I am having our reception at the Winterbourne and they have been very reasonable as well - they do book fast though. GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards