Florida-North Florida
Options

HELP!!! Church weddings?

I am realizing that most churches wont marry you in Florida since you are not a member.  Can anyone help me find a Catholic/Methodist/Christian ceremony site preferably near Destin/Navarre?  Thank you so much!!

Re: HELP!!! Church weddings?

• Options

Your best bet is to find a nondenominational church since you aren't looking for anything specific. Or you might be able to look into a historic church. Most churches won't marry you if you aren't of that faith. Example - If you aren't Catholic, you can't be married in a Catholic church (there are exceptions, like if your FI is catholic, your attending RCIA) but I don't understand wanting to be married in a church unless you're part of that faith.

Here is one I found - http://coastlinelife.com/ just google nondenominational churches in Destin.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am Catholic but not a member of any Florida churches because I live in Indiana. 
  • Options
    Our church Shalimar United Methodist will marry you if you are not a member but the prices are a bit higher.  It has a gorgeous sanctuary.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_help-church-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:2c4ec0af-e783-4298-9402-d3712a889ed0Post:c0283e45-30d5-437f-b7df-dd98087bc014">Re: HELP!!! Church weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am Catholic but not a member of any Florida churches because I live in Indiana. 
    Posted by socialjag[/QUOTE]

I would just find a Catholic church, there will be fees everywhere. Unless your a parishioner you'll have to pay, most of the time parishioners even have to pay fees. Heck, in JAX a church wanted to charge us $1,500 regardless if we were parishioners or not. 

You can always ask your priest for suggestions. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    thank you so much all :)
  • Options
    Not sure what your budget is, but when I was looking at wedding ceremonies I came across this church in Seaside, FL (about 20 minutes from Destin). It's quite pricey (think it's $4500 for the ceremony) but super cute!!! I wanted an outdoor wedding but I just remember thinking that if my FI grandparents made us get married in a church, we would book this place. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_help-church-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:2c4ec0af-e783-4298-9402-d3712a889ed0Post:4bf380bb-a404-4b4e-a802-d22986da2115">Re: HELP!!! Church weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HELP!!! Church weddings? : I would just find a Catholic church, there will be fees everywhere. Unless your a parishioner you'll have to pay, most of the time parishioners even have to pay fees. Heck, in JAX a church wanted to charge us $1,500 regardless if we were parishioners or not.  You can always ask your priest for suggestions. 
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, which church in Jax was this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards