Florida-North Florida
Options

Planning a beach wedding..

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding. We really want something small and intimate. It will just be a few close friends and family (probably no more than 15 guests). We are thinking northern FL area because of the convenience for our guests as well. We are planning a cruise for our Honeymoon and I think most of our guests are planning to stay down for a little vacation after the wedding. Being in that area will allow everyone to either stay or go from there as they wish seeing as they would probably pass through on the way to their vacation destination anyways. SO that being said I'm kind of at a loss for where to start. We don't want anything extravigant just something simple and not too expensive. Time frame would be from June-mid August 2013.

Does anyone else have any experience with beach weddings in this are or advice on how to procede with planning?

For others who have planned things like this would you reccomend getting a wedding package from a planner or staying at a hotel that offers wedding planning services?

Re: Planning a beach wedding..

• Options
    CaseyM1CaseyM1 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding. We really want something small and intimate. It will just be a few close friends and family (probably no more than 15 guests). We are thinking northern FL area because of the convenience for our guests as well. We are planning a cruise for our Honeymoon and I think most of our guests are planning to stay down for a little vacation after the wedding. Being in that area will allow everyone to either stay or go from there as they wish seeing as they would probably pass through on the way to their vacation destination anyways. SO that being said I'm kind of at a loss for where to start. We don't want anything extravigant just something simple and not too expensive. Time frame would be from June-mid August 2013.

Does anyone else have any experience with beach weddings in this are or advice on how to procede with planning?

For others who have planned things like this would you reccomend getting a wedding package from a planner or staying at a hotel that offers wedding planning services?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I would post this in the Florida boards as well.
  • Options
    Check out "barefoot weddings" or google Florida beach weddings, there are a lot of "all inclusive" beach site packages for exactly the type of wedding you descibed :)

http://www.barefootweddings.net/packages.html

Good luck to you :)
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    My sister just got married in Destin, in the Florida panhandle. She had a fabulous beach wedding, which then went into a restaurant for the reception. PM me and I can give you the info for the company that handled everything. It was gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We're renting a beach house through vrbo.com and getting married on the beach behind the house ($100 permit in the county where we're getting married.)

If we had less people I would definitely go with one of the many companies that set everything up for you on the beach like barefoot.  I would especially suggest using a local coordiantor since you are planning from out of town.  If you look around there are lots of beach wedding companies so you should be able to find one in your price range.

At the very least contact a local officiant to make sure you pick up any permits you may need depending on which beach you us; they can also help you get your license.
  • Options
    scgwagscgwag member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We specialize in beach weddings- check out our web site at dreamweddingsandhoeymoons.info
    we would love to be a part of your day!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_planning-a-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:33a12c59-99a1-446f-8533-edac024056abPost:af438de1-58c2-44b2-b967-18379ad4f587">Re: Planning a beach wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're renting a beach house through vrbo.com and getting married on the beach behind the house ($100 permit in the county where we're getting married.) If we had less people I would definitely go with one of the many companies that set everything up for you on the beach like barefoot.  I would especially suggest using a local coordiantor since you are planning from out of town.  If you look around there are lots of beach wedding companies so you should be able to find one in your price range. At the very least contact a local officiant to make sure you pick up any permits you may need depending on which beach you us; they can also help you get your license.
    Posted by BeachBride1216[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    scgwagscgwag member
    First Comment
    <a href="http://www.dreamweddingsandhoneymoons.info" rel="nofollow">www.dreamweddingsandhoneymoons.info</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_planning-a-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:33a12c59-99a1-446f-8533-edac024056abPost:71415346-b43a-43e5-9bd0-f1cfd08a2bbb">Planning a beach wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding. We really want something small and intimate. It will just be a few close friends and family (probably no more than 15 guests). We are thinking northern FL area because of the convenience for our guests as well. We are planning a cruise for our Honeymoon and I think most of our guests are planning to stay down for a little vacation after the wedding. Being in that area will allow everyone to either stay or go from there as they wish seeing as they would probably pass through on the way to their vacation destination anyways. SO that being said I'm kind of at a loss for where to start. We don't want anything extravigant just something simple and not too expensive. Time frame would be from June-mid August 2013. Does anyone else have any experience with beach weddings in this are or advice on how to procede with planning? For others who have planned things like this would you reccomend getting a wedding package from a planner or staying at a hotel that offers wedding planning services?
    Posted by CaseyM1[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    scgwagscgwag member
    First Comment
    We would love to assist with your beach wedding
    we service in the Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Pan Handle Beaches
    check out our web site: dreamweddingsandhoneymoons.info
  • Options
    here is a nice venue to do a beach wedding with the house as a reception http://www.beachhousewedding.com/  also if you google Destin Bay house its beautiful! But there are tons of wedding companys in Destin if you google them that will be perfect for your beach wedding.. Also try Gulf Place weddings http://www.weddingsatgulfplace.com/.  I'm thinking about using it as my venue :)
  • Options
    magsamemagsame member
    First Comment
    I'm getting married in 3 weeks at Vilano Beach in St. Augustine. We are going through a company called sun and sea beach weddings. Brent is awesome to work with. He replies to all my emails and helps with everything. All you do is show up and they do everything for you. Hope this can help.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That is extacly what I'm trying to do but having a hard time finding a place to do so which location did u choose If u don't mind me asking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards