Florida-North Florida

Elopement to St. Augustine

Hey guys, long story short: Planning a "real" wedding wasn't in my fiance's and my budget. So we're looking at doing an elopement or courthouse wedding either here in Orlando where we're located, or in St. Augustine. Here are my questions:

Has anyone been married in the St. Augustine courthouse? Is it first come, first serve (after the three day waiting period, obviously)? From the pictures I've seen on the interwebs, it looks pretty nice, but I'd like to  hear from some people who have seen it/used it for themselves :)

Do you have any bed and breakfasts you'd recommend? We're looking at about 15 to 20 people "eloping" with us. It would be nice to be able to have the ceremony in the same place, but not necessary. Also, relatively inexpensive if possible. Less than 2k.

Thank you so much for any help you're able to give.

Re: Elopement to St. Augustine

• Chipmunk415Chipmunk415 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    I've been looking in St. Augustine as a possibility for my own wedding. St. Augustine is a major elopement location, so you have a lot of options. The Bayfront Marin House (a B and B) has an elopement package for you and your spouse that includes decor, an officiant, a small cake for the two of you, and champagne for you two. The package runs about 450-500 depending on week day or weekend, plus your room rate. They also offer wedding packages at very very reasonable rates if you want guests. I think for a weekend wedding for 20 people, one option includes decor, officiant, chairs and tables, plates, cups, cutlery, wedding cake, and champagne toast for less than a grand.  They've also got extra add ons available, and you can pay a little more to have them serve and create an hor devours reception at the B&B. They can get a little pricey,but judging from the photos on facebook, its worth it.

I'm also considering The Wedding Authority, which does everything from an elopement up to a full scale wedding and reception. You can choose a religious ceremony or a civil ceremony with them, but you have to contact them for pricing.

As a side note, I don't know when you want to do this, but March/April/May are some of the busiest months St. Augustine sees for tourists, which means rates on everything are up.

Good luck and keep us updated with what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards