Florida-North Florida
Options

Wedding Night Accommodations - St. Augustine

Hi Ladies!

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where my fiance' should stay on our wedding night.  The Casa Monica is clearly on our list of places we might stay but I wondered if anyone knew of any other neat little hotels or had any specific recommendations for a B&B and/or a specific room.  Thanks for your input.  I hope that everyone's New Year is off to a great start!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: Wedding Night Accommodations - St. Augustine

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey fellow St. Augustine/River House/ Spring bride :) My fiance and I just went through this whole process ourselves.  We ended up deciding on the Old City House Inn and are staying in the Cordova Room.  http://www.oldcityhouse.com/roomss.html

I'll be staying there with my Maid of Honor the nights before the wedding and we'll be getting ready there (we think it'll be great for pics and it's within walking distance from our ceremony site, the Cathedral Basilica).  When we called, the entire inn was open for our wedding weekend (May 20-22).  We felt the Casa Monica and Hilton were too pricey and thing this place is reasonable and will be special enough for our wedding night! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    shoff2010shoff2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Casablanca Inn is very pretty and it is right across from the water!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations ladies! I really appreciate it!

Lou - I am actually doing something pretty similar.  My MOH and I are staying at the Westcott Inn the night before the wedding.  Rather than me and the FI staying in it the night of the wedding, my MOH/her husband and another bridesmaid and her husband are going to split the room since it has 2 queen beds. The place you all are staying looks really nice!  I think we may end up going the B&B route versus the Casa Monica.  The Casa Monica is so nice, but honestly we would only be staying in a regular hotel room (As opposed to some kind of suite) due to pricing.  So what are you guys  doing in regards to transportation from like the church to River House and at the end of the night? How are the rest of your plans going? I don't know about you guys, but we are getting SO excited.  It's SO close!!:)  I hope that all is well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Old City House Inn.  I picked the Alcazar room which had a window with a nice view of the plaza and Flagler College (it made for some nice pictures too).  PIB.

eta:  Old City House has an excellent restaurant as well.  We ate breakfast there the morning after, and I'd highly recommend the eggs benedict as well as the mimosas :).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dara Jeanne - We are getting pretty excited too! I had my first wedding dress fitting (which made everything seems so much more real!), booked our honeymoon (going to Belize) and FH has started addressing the invitations (he can do nice calligraphy so it's nice not to have to pay someone else to address them!)

As far as transportation, we're not renting a limo or anything because we just didn't want to add that to our budget.  Our out of town guests are renting cars so we'll just be taking the FH's car to the reception and the hotel afterwards.  Not super exciting but it'll do :)  I looked into having a horse drawn carriage take us to the hotel, but the prices were ridiculous.
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KappaUCF20 - thanks for the tip on the restaurant...I think we'll have to go there ourselves :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kappa - Thanks for the rec!  FH and I did some B&B research and we definitely liked that one!! Good to know about the restaurant, as well!

Lou - Glad to hear that your wedding plans are going well!  Ohhh how was the dress fitting?? I bet that was really exciting! I have my first one in March when I am back in Florida for a trip.  I am really looking forward to it! Yeah, we were trying to figure out what to do about transportation, as well.  I definitely think we are going to do a trolley from the church to the River House (Did you know they give you a discount bc you are using the River House as your venue?! So it's not too bad.) We are not sure about after the reception, though. Oh and Belize sounds awesome!!! I have heard that it is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards