Florida-North Florida
Options

Hilton Sandestin anyone?

Hello everyone!  I am newly engaged and looking to do a Destination Wedding in Destin, FL.  Does anyone have any experience with the Hilton Sandestin?  I am seriously considering this as a venue, but would love some input from other brides!  Please let me know!
THANK YOU!

Re: Hilton Sandestin anyone?

• Options
    lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard lots of good things but I haven't been to a wedding there for years... I was like 12. LOL The only complaints I have heard is they are pricey but if you can afford it. Go for it!  
  • Options
    CaelasmomCaelasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
       San Destin is actually about 15 minutes down the road from Destin.   I haven't "officially" been a guest at the wedding but watched an outdoor wedding from my balcony.  It was around Labor Day.  The ceremony started at 4 pm and the groom and his groomsmen were in full dress uniforms.  It was pretty warm that day and there wasn't alot of shade.  They had the cermony right by the reception site by the smaller pool, not down on the beach. I felt sorry for them cause of the heat. But once the sun went down some, it was great.  Everyone seemed to have a good time.  If you get married during the summer months be prepared for alot of people.  The complex itself is very nice.  I've only attended conferences in the ballroom so can't comment there.  Looked like your typical ballroom.

They also have some hotels at Baytown Wharf across the street on the sound side you might want to check out.  Oh, I forgot to mention, they have a pretty nice spa at the Hilton and when I've  been in there alot of bridal parties come through. 
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not wedding related but my company had our year end party there a few years ago and it was nice. We also had pretty decent group discount rates for the rooms.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards