Florida-North Florida

Omg.....advice please.

So I got engaged in May of 08. We were supposed to get married this past May but money issues stopped that. So we started seriously planning on getting married in June of this year but found out I was pregnant in January. I am only 8 weeks along. I didn't want to be huge for my wedding so we decided we didn't want to wait another year. We bumped it up to April 3rd. I am stupid and bought my dress when I was only 5 weeks pregnant. Now it doesn't fit. This is my third pregnancy and with my previous pregnancies I didn't show until like 16 weeks and even then it wasn't that noticeable. I am not exactly showing, just fat and bloated. So I know the dress needs to be altered but I am worried that they will either not be able to let it out enough or I am gonna look preggo in it......

On top of that I am PAAAALLLLEEEEE. It's bad. I had every intention of going to the tanning salon before the wedding but now that I am preggo that is not an option. I would do a spray tan but I did that one time before and turned orange. I don't know if it was just the salon I went to or what but I am scared to risk being orange on my wedding yet don't want to look like a ghost, especially since my wedding will be on the beach,......

Any ideas on these issues? I am so upset, It's too late to cancel the wedding because people have already taken off work and made travel plans to get here. There is like no turning back, it's do or die and one month away!

Re: Omg.....advice please.

• edited December 2011
    As far as the dress situation, maybe you should try talking to someone who makes alterations. Maybe they'll have some suggestions on how they can fix it. You might have to sell that one & buy a new one.

As far as being tan is concerned...I know it's normal to be skeptical about self tanners, but I've tried a couple and gotten good results. I got Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer about a year ago, but it sucked. It made me streaky, orange, and it smelled awful! Against my better judgment, I bought a new daily moisturizer that claims to self-tan again about 2 weeks ago. I'm a mark. representative, and it was on clearance for $5.99, and i got it 30% off that. I figured I'd give it a shot. It's called Costa Rica Instant Vacation. I just started using it & it's fantastic. You just have to use it when you first get out of the shower, otherwise it will not blend well. My first few times using it were great, and then last night I forgot about it & applied it when I was completely dry and I have spots on my chest (that's it). So, the best advice I can give you on those self-tanning moisturizers is to read the reviews. I read the reviews for this mark. one, and they were all 4-5 stars (out of 5). So, I'd say check some stores or places that carry these things online, and read the reviews. :) Plus, it's a lot easier to reverse, unlike going to a salon.
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to use Neutrogena gradual tan and it worked great for me. I had a good tan within a few days. Also, do you have any tanning places near you? Some of them do mystic tan which I heard works great if you can't get into a tanning bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards