Florida-North Florida

Pensacola Area Knotties ~ Sound off

Hi ladies,

Just wondering who all is in here and planning a wedding in the Pensacola area. I am gettin married December 2013 at 5eleven! Caterer-Mike D's, flowers-SupPosey, DJ-First Day Entertainment. Now I need cake, invites, decor, and oooh yeah the dress! I'm excited because I feel like I got a lot of big decisions done now it's all the fun stuff. 

How are you guys doing?  What are you working on?  What are you excited about?

Re: Pensacola Area Knotties ~ Sound off

• Me! I'm a P-cola Knottie NOW.. but I got married last year. We just moved here last month :o) So... idk if I really count..haha
  • Oh wow, I almost thought I was reading my own post. :) I'm having my reception at 5eleven and using Mike from Culinary Productions. My wedding is coming up, May 12 this year. 

You just missed the Pensacola Bridal Expo, if you'd like I can pm you some vendors I've found. 

• I'm getting married at Old Christ Church and having my reception at 5Eleven with Culinary Productions  catering.  If you are still looking for someone to do your cake- I'm really excited about my baker.  I currently live in Alaska, so I haven't been able to sample her stuff, but I have heard raves about her cakes and she is reasonably priced.

I'm pretty much stuck on finding a florist right now.  Do any of you have recommendations?
  • Getting married in Navarre, FL on March 30, 2013.  I have great info and advice!!  
    Been planning for a whole year, have had 8 vendors bail on me and am finally getting all to fall into place!  ;)

• edited March 2013
    Hi P-cola Knotties I'm  getting married March 29,13 at Hemingways on pensacola beach. I would love it if anyone has any make-up artist they could recommand. Good luck and happy planing.
  • Hi, I'm getting married in Navarre Sept. 28th 2013. I live in Texas and I'm nervous about planning a wedding so far away. I have my dress, photographer, and officiant.
  • Hi all!  I can officially say I'm a Pensacola knottie!  We're getting married May 17, 2014 at Paul's on the Bay on Scenic Highway.  So I've got the venue, booking photographer this weekend, and of course I've got the fiance!  Dress shopping will happen in July when my Maid of Honor comes to visit from Chicago.  I've got about a year to plan this thing, and will definitely be looking to this board for advice.  I want to get lots squared away before the end of this year!
  • Hi Knotties! So sorry I haven't been on here is a while. We moved up our wedding to last month. I just wanted to post my experience. I went from having 12 months to 6 weeks to plan my wedding. So I am going to post my reviews of my vendors later, if you have any questions msg me. Mostly I wanted to thank Sue from First Day Entertainment. She helped me find many of my vendors. After speaking with her I trusted her opinions, and since she & her husband planned a short notice destination wedding she was happy to help me because it hadn't been that long since she was in my shoes. I could never have imagined that a DJ & his wife would be so critical in the success of my wedding day and the saviors of my sanity!  They were amazing the day of my wedding too, jumping in and going above & beyond. The music was perfect, & exactly what we wanted, but they helped my hubby plan a surprise serenade for me just before the garter removal, but our favorite part was the way they delivered our love story. It was our fav part of the whole day & our guests agreed. More reviews to follow... Hope you are all doing well in your planning!! Oh yeah, I am a Mrs!! 
  • I am also getting married in December at 5Eleven... in the thick of planning!
  • I'm a Pensacola knottie! Our date is April 26th 2014! Super excited but kind of overwhelmed! I haven't gotten a DJ or photographer or videographer yet... any suggestions?

• Check out www.fyimages.com for photography! :)
  • I am new to the knot and need a venue in the area.  I am looking for rustic, vintage or somewhere that historic and not a plain room.  I love 5eleven, but they are booked.  I only have a few months to plan a wedding ! Any suggestions that may be close to 5eleven?

• Hey ladies!

We are planning a destination wedding in Pensacola in April 2015.  Our ceremony and reception will be at the beach house we are renting for the event.  I'm searching for hair/makeup artists, dj's, catering, and bakeries that specialize in key lime pies.  Any information would be greatly appreciated, as we are planning our big day from Kansas City, KS.

Thank you!

Happy wedding planning!

• Hey ya'll, planing my wedding and its looking like it will be sometime in 2015.We are having a small country wedding in Walnut Hill. I am nneding some help finding some photographers that are good. Any advice?
  • bcody7bcody7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My wedding is August 2014 and we're getting married at the chapel on NAS Pensacola and reception at the Mustin Officer's club. Catering is Nancy's Haute Affairs, DJ is Justin Krupa, and flowers are the only thing left to figure out. 
  • I am looking for a rustic, country feel venue NOT on the beach for next March and I am having a hard time finding one in the Pensacola, Destin, Navarre area. The location is a little flexible but I would prefer to not go too far away. Does anyone know of any great venues?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards