Florida-North Florida
Options

PENSACOLA BRIDES!!!!!

I am from p'cola getting married in March 2011. Anyone else getting married in P'cola? when, where, what vendors?? I have a few things picked out, i am doing alot myself!

Re: PENSACOLA BRIDES!!!!!

• Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Pensacola, my date is 08/06/11. So far we have Catherine with A Fairytale Affair for our DOC. Sanders Beach for our reception venue. My church will be our ceremony location. We have reserved Richey's East Liquors for bartending. We have our caterer picked we got her information from another wedding I attended this year. We have picked out photographer Kris Graham Photography, Wedding Media Group for our videography and that's about it for now. I am getting my dress from The Bridal Loft. The pic of it is in my siggy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Pensacola bride!

We're not really using vendors thus far. My friend is doing our photography (a gift to us!), another friend is doing our cake (she's amazing), and our venue is a place downtown we're getting just for a charitable donation. We have to find where to rent tables, chairs, and linens for it all but we'll work it all out. We're trying to book Palafox Pier for the actual wedding location and have the reception at the place we've had booked. I got my dress at Two Times a Lady on Olive Road (LOVE my dress! Bought it brand new from there for so cheap!). That's about it so far! We ordered the Save teh Dates last night so that's our next step!
  • Options
    Katus88Katus88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the super early stages of planning a wedding in PCola for May of 2012 (I know....so far away). Hopefully we will have a ceremony site picked out by the start of 2011. There are so many amazing looking places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! We are getting married Jan 15 2011. Our reception is at New world landing, our ceremony is at the greek church. and we have the Bed Short for our photography. hopefully we will have a florist picked out by next week. New world landing does the food and drinks so those things are taken care of. we re going to see wedding walls for linens and wall decorations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaelasmomCaelasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Kristen-
      Can you post how you make out with wedding walls.  Thinking about using them for my daughter's wedding but won't be in the area for a few more months yet.  I'm wondering if they will be pricey for wall, ceiling drapes/lighting.

thanks!
    Karen

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea of course, i just need to get mymom over here so we can get pricing and everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Kristen I am thinking of using them too for decor for the reception so please provide a review of them (pricing, services, etc).
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Kristen we are thinking of using wedding walls for reception decor as well please provide info on their pricing etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a just married Pensacola Bride. We actually held our wedding and reception in Mobile, AL.  I was very, very happy with most of our vendors, especially the photographer, the DJ, and the caterer. 

We were just featured in Style Me Pretty and the vendors and links are listed there.  Enjoy! :)

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/08/17/mobile-alabama-wedding-full-of-color/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read that someone is using Ben SHort for their photographer don't. It has been over 4 months since I got married and I still don't have everything he promised. I don't have any edited images or cd.
  • Options
    grimes_kgrimes_k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married June 10 2011.  We are getting married on the beach and the reception is going to be at a house that we are renting that is amazing and is right on the beach.  I am using DJ Hybrid and EJ Campfield to do the actual ceremony. I am using Celebrations for the florist and The Cake shop for the cake, kent's special events for the rentals and Classic city catering. 

Does anyone know if there is a place in Pensacola, FL to rent linen or tan suits for the guys? Men's Warehouse in TX said they don't rent those.

The caterer and florist I am using were really great and helpful when I went there this summer to book everything!

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or anything!:)
  • Options
    Anna1010Anna1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a pensacola bride....

Originaly my wedding was going to be in fall 2011 but now it's been moved up to may due to my mom's cancer. So far it's May 12, at Old Christ Church for the cerimony. I am still trying to find a reception venue that goes with our vintage theam! I already have my photog, officiants and reception band(because all of these are family friends, personal friends or realitives). I need a florist and a caterer. I think we will be having a friend do the cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @anna 1010, the barkley house is a beautiful place to use as a reception! i am thinking about doing mine there. its intage, with a garden, and an ocean view, and its right next to the old chirst church, or you could use the bed and breafast there on the coner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a Pensacola Bride!!!  I m getting married 10-29-2011  I have no idea where we will have it at.  I am looking at a laid back, party like feel to my reception.  I was thinking Barkley House or the Governor's Pavilion at Big Lagoon State Park but I still have to go tour the places first to see if I like them.  My fiancee and I fell in love with The Courtyard in Northhill when we saw the pictures online.  We went to the actual location and oh my god we were terrified there was definitely some photoshop going on in the pictures online.  Just a warning to others to not fall head over heels for a place til you see it in person.
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married at the Garden Center a few months back and her favorite part of the wedding was the pictures. The photographer was AMAZING! She did their engagement session, the full wedding, and a romance session. Her site is www.sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have it in the budget Celebrations does amazing flowers. They are pros. Also, Nancys Haute Affairs is incredible. Betty Webber is an incredible cake baker and decorator, really, unbelieveable! There are some really pretty venus downtown. Also, the museum of commerce rents their space out for weddings (I have never seen the inside so I dont know if it's cool or creepy).  I have not picked anything yet. I don't want a beach wedding but I would love to get married outside and I just can't seem to find the right place in Pensacola. I'm getting married this fall so I hope I find a venue soon!
  • Options
    dcmsangeldcmsangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://neworleans.weddings.com/sites/weddings/pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_pensacola-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:7f1f0671-d95f-4ffd-9c03-05dbbd4431c7Post:a1d86110-cfe5-411f-bd32-48901e7625b8">PENSACOLA BRIDES!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from p'cola getting married in March 2011. Anyone else getting married in P'cola? when, where, what vendors?? I have a few things picked out, i am doing alot myself!
    Posted by joellen2004[/QUOTE]

My wedding date is Sept. 10, 2011.
    I am having the ceremony and reception at Tiger Point Golf Club in Gulf Breeze.
    Tiger Point is also Catering. My videography will be provided by Mike Wood.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://neworleans.weddings.com/sites/weddings/pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_pensacola-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:7f1f0671-d95f-4ffd-9c03-05dbbd4431c7Post:2b18bc20-bc90-41a7-9fc6-67d217d393d6">Re: PENSACOLA BRIDES!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the super early stages of planning a wedding in PCola for May of 2012 (I know....so far away). Hopefully we will have a ceremony site picked out by the start of 2011. There are so many amazing looking places.
    Posted by Katus88[/QUOTE]

Its never too late to start planning. My wedding is Sept. 10. 2011 and I started planning as soon as he purposed in 2009!

I looked at a ton of place. If you need anything don't hesitate to send me a message.! CONGRATS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did you guys end up booking for your cake?  Betty Weber is booked and I hear she's great!  Also, who do you recommend for a florist, hair, and makeup?  My wedding date is 10/22/11. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Betty Weber. Her cakes are amazing!
    Celebrations Florists will be doing my flowers.
    Jamie Steiner from Truly Elegant will be doing hair.
    Naomi Vida is doing makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards