Florida-North Florida

Gift Baskets for OOT guests ideas?

I am probably making this way too hard on myself but it the last big detail I have to take care of & I just can't decide what to do??? 

Re: Gift Baskets for OOT guests ideas?

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're keeping them simple & personal (and not too pricey):
    1.  White bags, which we got at Michael's with yellow tissue paper (yellow, white & pewter are out colors)
    2.  Water bottles with personalized labels (Fiance is designing)
    3.  Tiny packets of sunscreen that we're ordering from here: http://www.minimus.biz/
    4.  Something from Peterbrooke - since it's local and it's our fave.  It'll be the most expensive part of the bag, we're trying to keep it to $2-$3 a bag.
    5.  A little book welcome people, giving details about the area and an itinerary

Hope that helps :) I think water is pretty standard in welcome bags...and then something with local flavor or that you and your fiancee love!

Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lou, we have white canvas beach totes & bottled water so far... ;) My problem is the beach bags are too big! I thought about a beach towel but that adds up. We were going to do some local snacks but then started hearing form the parents this person is diabetic, this person is vegan, this person can't eat gluten... lol sheesh. It has become very complicated

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see how towels would get expensive! Maybe blow up beach balls? That'll take up a lot of room in the bags :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know you're trying to keep it $2-$3 a bag but .. go to the dollar store they always have really cute stuff there :]
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I actually have $6 a bag left to spend, the dollar store is a great idea.
  • cbabercbaber member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about puzzle books? I never have time for crossword puzzles in my real life but like doing them on the beach.
    you can also get water bottles from the dollar store and large size bags of chips or popcorn.
    BTW - you might want to think about putting some loosely bunched tissue paper in the bottom of the beach bag to "fill them up" a little . . then, put your treats on top and tie the handles together with some pretty ribbon to make them more like gift bags . .
  • edited December 2011
    cbaber - awesome idea on the puzzle books

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards