Florida-North Florida
Options

Caricaturist!!

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced caricaturist in the Pensacola area? We would like to consider hiring someone to do caricatures at our wedding reception. This could be a cartoon student or a professional. Does anyone have a friend that might be interested. We have been to several receptions that have had a caricaturist in Atlanta, but I don't know of any in the Pensacola area. It is a fun favor and it is entertaining at the same time.

Thanks,

Re: Caricaturist!!

• Options
    megem02megem02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I put an ad on craigslist and tell them to send you their portfolio. You will prob get a lot of students who will do it just for the experience! 
  • Options
    holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! That is a great idea!!!
  • Options
    beccas90beccas90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are thinking about using a caricaturist for our wedding favors too (assuming that's what they would be). It seems like so much fun! Question: at the weddings you went to, did it seem like all age groups at the reception enjoyed the caricatures or was it more of a youth only crowd that liked it or what? And I found this website that might help you some if you don't have any luck on craigslist.

http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Caricaturist-Florida.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try art students at local colleges.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the additional ideas!! The caricaturists at the weddings I have been to seemed to be really enjoyable for all ages. I still have the ones that were done of us. I think the grandparents all the way down to the children enjoyed this favor.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through http://the-nose.com/ to hire my caricaturist. They are a booking agency for them they will show you examples of their work and their prices per hour. :D
    Anniversary Birthday Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards