Florida-North Florida
Options

Not shiny bridesmaid dresses!

We just got engaged three weeks ago - the wedding is next May... and it seems like there are no spring bridesmaid dresses out there. Our theme is Beach and I want less formal - aka no shiny. David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo don't seem to have anything no winter/fall. Not sure when their spring stuff comes out (I'll check when i go in on Thursday). J Crew said their spring stuff doesn't come out till February! That's so late!

Re: Not shiny bridesmaid dresses!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want shiny then stay away from satin.  Try going with chiffon or nu-georgette.  These are more flowy fabrics and would go nicely with your beach theme.  My girls had these fabrics and they were from the Dessy line.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH got a dress from David's that's cotton for my springtime (April) beachside wedding.  It's very cute, not shiny and she can rewear it.  It's still at DB.  Heres the link:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Cotton-Sateen-Strapless-with-Ruching-and-Pockets-83312_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Short-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Good luck!
    Jaimie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RaeilyRaeily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the Dessy Group line. They have a lot of "not shiny" BM dresses. And some very beachy dresses as well. You should look into it! 
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RikaAndLoranRikaAndLoran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed my bridesmaid dress from David's. It was simple cotton, and withstood the crazy heat-wave in DC last month. Not shiny, and not too hot for a Spring/Summer Florida wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in August and I picked chiffon, knee-length dresses from Alfred Angelo...lots to choose from and they should be light and flowy.

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! J Crew spring stuff is coming out in February and David's Bridal said their new spring stuff comes out in January - I just wanted to pick things and move on but I think it's worth waiting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards