Florida-North Florida
Options

Need Destin area caterer and photog recs

Hi ladies, my sister is getting married in Seagrove Beach, FL this April. We are renting 4 beach houses and need a caterer for approximately 50 people to serve a casual-ish dinner at one of the beach houses. I'm thinking a buffet with an attendant. Do you have any recommendations of a caterer or a restaurant that caters? She lives in KS and I'm in CO so I'm hoping for some advice from local Florida girls.

Also, any photographer recs? We would only need someone for approximately 2 hours. It will be a very simple beach ceremony and photos of the bride and groom afterwards. Thanks so much for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Destin area caterer and photog recs

• Options
    heatherw1725heatherw1725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristi my FMIL (getting married in Dec) does catering.  Her business name is Chez J Catering out of Fort Walton Beach, FL but I do believe she will drive to Sea Grove.  Her phone number and email is (850)543-3875 chezzjbarbara@cox.net. 
    Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristi,

I used Fox Fotography for my wedding and they are an absolute delight to work with! Even though they are based out of Jacksonville, they are willing to travel. You can reach Rachel at 904.228.0181 / rachel@foxfotostudios.com. Their website is www.foxfotostudios.com

Hope this helps and good luck with the planning!
  • Options
    kkaurakkaura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Pro Deo Creations - their prices are affordable becase they believe their talents should be used to glorify God (Pro Deo = "for God" in Latin). Lower prices are always a good thing! Anyway, they're based out of Savannah Ga, but they travel across the country (and one of the across the globe). Hope this helps! Oh, they have a Facebook page with a contest going on right now so that might help too:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/pro-deo-creations/free-bride-photoshoot-contest/169262029765575

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristi,

Have a look at the guys at MG Photography. They are reasonable price and most of their work is location based, so they will travel. 
    You can reach them at 862.520.8908 or by e-mail at contact@mgphotography.us.
    Their website is www.mgphotography.us

Hope this helps you.
    Have a good day.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A dear friend of my mom highly recommends Shawn  - Gypsy Isle Photography & Aislynn Kate - Alley Kat Photograghy & Courtney - Sublime Studios. I haven't checked them out yet but she is in the wedding biz & works with lots of vendors. 

Good Luck with your search, I'll be curious what you think, I am not ready to look for a photographer yet, but when I am I will be starting here anyways...  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Destin next October and are using Sandprints Photography, she is not a "professional" but her prices are extremely reasonable and her work is really good as well! As for catering, we are still narrowing that down, but we will probably use Jim and Nick's which is a barbeque place in Destin we have heard a lot of good things about...Good luck!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding DJ in Pensacola recommended 

She also recommended Alleycat & Gypsy Isle mentioned above but I like the photos on these other 2 sites best. But that's my personal taste.

If you still need a dj check mine out, they are awesome and so attentive!
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend this photographer. She doesn't have a 2 hour package, but she does custom packages!

http://www.sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Jim and Nick's in my hometown, and my family loves them. I don't eat bbq so I'm no help, but my mom used to eat there all the time. :)
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards