Florida-North Florida

St. Augustine

Hello Ladies! We're getting married in St. Augustine and don't really don't know anything about the area. All I know is that I love it there! Does anyone know of some reasonably priced photographers and D.Js? Our venue is going to be more than we budgeted and we are trying to cut corners in other places. Please help! Thanks!!

Re: St. Augustine

• edited December 2011
    What venue did you guys go with?  My husband and I just got married there in June!  We LOVE St. Augustine.  There is a great photographer out of Jacksonville named Jenn Hopkins! She shoots in St. Augustine all of the time! I would definitely look her up.  Congrats to you! Enjoy the planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • jennnmazzajennnmazza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! We're doing The White Room. It's out of our budget though but we seriously fell in love!! This is why we need to cut in other places if possible. What was her price range?
  • edited December 2011
    Try DJ Charlie Roberts.  I am getting married at the White Room in March and we are using him.  He gave us a good price and has worked there many times.  
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ivey Pictures.  They are very reasonable - you get two photographers all day and their packages start at $1,900.00 
  • jennnmazzajennnmazza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much guys!
  • edited December 2011
    There are some vendor recommendations in my married bio (link in siggy).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! i am getting married in the St. Johns area in Feb. The photographer i am using is Sara Purdy http://www.photographybysarapurdy.com/ that is her website. she does awesome work and my engagement photos turned out gorgeous. she is very affordable, $900 for the biggest package and $750 for the basic package. check her out, and if you are interested shoot her a message :)
  • edited December 2011
    Whew - yea we didn't go with the white room bc it was WAY out of our budget so I can imagine you have to cut a lot of things. 

DJ we are doing "Disc Jockeys to go" - our reception is at Serenata Beach Club and they were highly recommended by them - they used them for their own events not related to weddings. They were very reasonable price wise! (I think we got 5 hours for $800 or so)

I am using Seth Beaudreu for our photographer - To have his time and copyrights isn't too expensive (depending on how many hours you want him, the max for 10 hours was $1900) - but if you fall in love with his wedding story book albums like I did that is what can cost a lot of money. A friend used him and when I met him he was just so passionate about what he does. We are actually putting our wedding album as one of our registry items - Seth will create a web page for us so people can buy gift certificates from him for us.

The photographer Stan Badz was recommended to us by Serenata - he is a PGA photographer. He was $1500 with a LOT of stuff in the package (engagement sessions, a photo book, a collage, etc) so if you're on a budget and want a bang for your buck he is worth checking out. I just meshed with Seth better.

Jenn Hopkins shot my best friend's wedding back in May and another girl I went to highschool with (she was sorority sisters with my friend). She has a wonderufl personality and my friend was very pleased with her. She wasn't available on my wedding date!
  • edited December 2011

Fox Fotography is awesome.  Give Rachel a call!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards