Florida-North Florida

Panama City/Destin

Hi all, i'm newly engaged and looking at venues in the Panama City Beach or Destin area.  I lived in Pensacola a few years ago and loved the area and couldn't dream of a better place to have my wedding (plus, my fiance's family lives in PCB).

I'm definitly thinking something on the beach that can also hold the reception for about 75 people.  I've looked into the Hilton in Destin and also the Edgewater in PCB.  Anyone been to either of these?  Any other suggestions?  I've been a bit unsuccessful with Google.  

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Panama City/Destin

• edited December 2011
      I've stayed at the Hilton in San Destin a few times.  Is that the one you're asking about?  I really enjoyed my stay there  The rooms were big, service was good and they have a great spa.(  I lived in Navarre for several years).  I've never been to a weeding as a guest there, but the times they stayed there, I saw one on the patio by the pool with reception, and one reception set up on the beach.  I also saw a beach wedding held there and the only thing that bothered me was the tourists who thought nothing of walking behind the arch during the ceremony even though they were failry close to the water, but there's really no way around that unless you are married off season.  No experience with PCB.
  • kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest anywhere on 30A such as Bentley's on the Bay! We did our engagement session out in Seaside and it's so beautiful down there! Not to mention that our photographer is amazing. If you're still looking for one she comes highly recommended! http://sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I would rent a home on the beach..there are a lot available from destin to st. joe look up sites that allow weddings there are some devoted just to this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hi there! im a wedding planner in Destin.PCB area and would love to help you out! Contact me at Kristi@KisstheBrideDestin.com i can help you with everything from a simple beach wedding to full planning and every detail. I work with every bride and budget :)  Look forward to hearing from you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards