Florida-North Florida

Transportation - St. Augustine

Has anyone rented a trolley in St. Augustine for their wedding?  How did you go about doing this.  Which company did you go through?  If not trolley for transportation...does anyone have any other thoughts recommendations for the St. Augustine area?  Thanks so much! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: Transportation - St. Augustine

• edited December 2011
    We rented one from Old Town Trolley for our wedding.  There's a more detailed review in my married bio under vendor reviews.  I think we paid about $150 for around 40 minutes (I negotiated the price down a little), but they were really helpful.  Just call them and ask for Luanne (assuming she still works there). 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! Thats really helpful! That isn't a bad deal at all.  Did you have all your guests take it or did you just do the wedding party?  About how many people did it fit, do you remember?  
    Oh the pictures from your wedding are beautiful! Looks like it was a great time! 
  • edited December 2011
    We also used Old Town Trolley, and were really happy with them. From what I remember each trolley can hold up to 60 people, so we rented two to take our guests to the reception. Then the first one looped back around and picked up the bridal party from the hotel down the street (and then went back when we realized we forgot one of the groomsmen, who was in the bathroom when we left)!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok great...thanks so much for that information.  I think we are just going to transport the wedding party so that should be plenty big enough.  Did you guys use the trolley at the end of the night to transport you and your husband or did you do something different?  

• edited December 2011

The reason that we has the trolleys in the first place was because of the parking situation downtown. We needed to get all of our guests from the designated parking lot to the ceremony and reception at The White Room. Old Town Trolley provided us with a shuttle bus at the end of the night to get our guests back to their cars. After the wedding DH and I just walked down the block to the Casa Monica where we were spending the night.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_transportation-st-augustine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:bf4f3df9-4102-43d3-9b30-884af1cdfd43Post:e820a7bc-d10e-4298-befd-6ac47a6550d8">Re: Transportation - St. Augustine</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much! Thats really helpful! That isn't a bad deal at all.  Did you have all your guests take it or did you just do the wedding party?  About how many people did it fit, do you remember?   Oh the pictures from your wedding are beautiful! Looks like it was a great time! 
    Posted by Dara Jeanne[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :)  Our wedding was a lot of fun... I wish I could do it over again!

I remember them mentioning that the trolley will fit 50-60 people.  Since we held both the ceremony and reception in the same location, we used the trolley as a diversion tactic lol.  They came and picked up our guests after the ceremony was over and took them on a 40 minute tour around downtown to see the Christmas lights, and then they were dropped back off in time for the cocktail hour.  Everyone really enjoyed it, and it gave us time to break down the ceremony chairs and finish setting up for the reception.  

eta: We were staying at a B&B next to the Casa Monica so we could have just walked down there at the end of the night, but our bridesmaid and groomsman graciously drove us because our feet hurt and we were tired lol.  (We only had about 50 guests so parking wasn't a big issue for us... most of our family and close friends were able to park in the tiny private lot next to the Gov't House, and everyone else found spots nearby behind the Lightner, etc).  But many people do use the trolley as transportation.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Kappa -What a great idea! I bet your guests LOVED that!  Thats definitely the way to go, especially in December with all of the lights and decorations! 

icant - thanks for filling me in.  I am sure your guests appreciated that gesture! How nice:)  We are fortunate, in that at both the church and the reception venue there is ample parking (even with them being downtown).  I think I was just looking for a fun way to get us (b/g and wedding party) from one spot to the next....

From what you both said, it sounds like a lot of fun, regardless of the exact purpose...and like a pretty good deal! :)

Congrats to both of you, by the way! St. Augustine is/seems like definitely a great place to get married! :)

• edited December 2011
    We were hoping to use trolleys also but ended up having our reception at Serenata Beach Club - trolleys won't leave downtown St Augustine unfortunately. If we wanted to use them to go around and take pictures we'd have to be dropped back off at the church then drive over to the reception ourselves...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards