Florida-North Florida

Wedding Insurance

Hi ladies, I am wondering if you girls bought (or planning to buy) any wedding insurance. Can I please see how you justify your decision? FI and I are having a hard time deciding...

Re: Wedding Insurance

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were required to have liability insurance for our venue.  It was $200 through Wed Safe.
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also required to get liability insurance for our venue because we have more than 100 people attending...we're expecting it to cost about $100.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_wedding-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:c096e7a3-f418-4080-bbf1-e0a7e1c0da5aPost:669bd23c-0e57-4054-9dda-54c53df0fa82">Re: Wedding Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also required to get liability insurance for our venue because we have more than 100 people attending...we're expecting it to cost about $100.
    Posted by LouWho19[/QUOTE]

Where are you planning to get it from?  The cheapest I found was $200 through WedSafe.
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure...that was just the price I was told by our venue (River House)...we are meeting with them Saturday to sign our actual contract, so I'll be getting more info from them then!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue doesn't specify that we need liability insurance... I guess we are just a little nervous since we are paying close to $4,000 in deposits... So I am just wondering what is a deciding factor for you all choosing to get wedding insurance.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_wedding-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:c096e7a3-f418-4080-bbf1-e0a7e1c0da5aPost:9bdb4dcf-169c-4b28-8a31-23b63fd5b5d1">Re: Wedding Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our venue doesn't specify that we need liability insurance... I guess we are just a little nervous since we are paying close to $4,000 in deposits... So I am just wondering what is a deciding factor for you all choosing to get wedding insurance.
    Posted by christinalau[/QUOTE]

For that much money, I would definitely get wedding insurance.  It will cover your butt if any of your vendors go out of business.  I just looked at WedSafe and Event Cancellation Policies (which cover deposits, weather, etc.) range from $185 to $405.  I say it's worth it.
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ashley - Looks like we will have something to research this Memorial Day!
  • bblove10bblove10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is something I haven't even thought about.  Thank you for brining it up.  I just assumed the venue and vendors would all have their own liability insurance.  Is it common for the bride purchase insurance?
  • edited December 2011
    just an FYI, read the fine print, it won't cover hurricanes, or "acts of nature".  I think there are a lot of loop holes for them to deny it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards