Florida-North Florida

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a long time before the ring. Now I finally get to join in on all the fun! Just got engaged last week in DC, and am so excited to be panning a November 2011(hopefully) wedding in my hometown of St Augustine! I can't wait to start planning and sharing ideas!

Anyone with recommendations for a downtown St Auggie (the historic district) venues for 100-120 please let me know! We are taking a trip up there in a couple weeks to look at some places in person.

:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi Everyone!

• edited December 2011

CONGRATS! :) How exciting!  Enjoy the plannig it is really a lot of fun! My fiance' and I are getting married in St. Augustine in June 2011 at a place called the River House.  It is in downtown St. Augustine right off of Marine street and it's beautiful!  I recommend at least stopping by to check it out.  Constance Weicking is the coordinatior there and she is extremely sweet, responsive and helpful!  I also know a couple of amazing photographers who travel to St. Augustine.  Jenn Hopkins from Jenn Hopkins photography (from Jax) and Kellie from KWU Photography (from Orlando).  We ultimately went with Kellie because we liked her photojournalistic style but Jenn does AMAZING things with natural light.  I would definitely look at both of them.  I could go on and on about the rest of the vendors that we have booked with but I may be writing for a while.  Let me know if there is any other info. you are looking into.  GOOD LUCK! HAPPY PLANNING and CONGRATS!!!:)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in St. Augustine in Jan '09, and there are some vendor reviews in my married bio that might help you (link is in my siggy).  We had our wedding at the Government House which is beautiful and can fit that many guests, but it would be a very tight squeeze (you'd also have to rent a tent if the weather didn't cooperate).  There are plenty of options though so I'm sure you'll find something perfect.   
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys! The River House is definitely on my list to visit, it seems a little pricey, but I've heard its gorgeous, so it may turn out to be worth it! I love your wedding, Kappa- I've been drooling over your pictures for months! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We booked the River House a while ago when they were still "new" so I think their prices may have been a little lower than they are now. (Or so we have heard)  It may be worth it to check out nonetheless, like you mentioned.  St. Augustine is so awesome (which you probably already know;) as there are so many awesome options.  I have also heard the Lightner museum, oldest school house and A1A Aleworks are great options.  We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Historic Bayfront Hilton.  It's right across from the water and pretty neat. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:c8509d38-ce54-4260-9bc5-10ba6139f36cPost:42089844-b0c8-4fe5-919b-bba56b83806a">Re: Hi Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys! The River House is definitely on my list to visit, it seems a little pricey, but I've heard its gorgeous, so it may turn out to be worth it! I love your wedding, Kappa- I've been drooling over your pictures for months! :)
    Posted by MrsRoo1218[/QUOTE]

Aww, thanks! lol
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a River House bride too and can't rave enough about it! It is pricey, but I'm so happy we'll have the entire venue to ourselves for the day.  And you can't beat the view of the water!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards