Florida-North Florida

Suggestions?

Does anyone recommend a basic dj in Jacksonville?  Where do you suggest getting the dress altered?

Thanks

Re: Suggestions?

• clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Stephen Paul with Beyond Sight & Sound. He's charging me $900...but that includes 2 set-ups, sound for the ceremony and 2 ceremony musicians. I'm sure he "basic" package is definitely lower.

You can check out reviews on our vendor review board:
    http://sites.google.com/site/neflvendorreviews/

For a seamstress I'm using Martha Shump. So far I've been very impressed with her and she's gotten some great reviews. A lot of girls have been happy w/European Touch...but I've been told that they don't steam/press the dresses. For my dress I'm having the hem done, cups sewn in, the bustle, veil shortened and the dress and veil steamed for $159. I thought that was pretty reasonable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is my cousin and he's based out of Savannah, GA but I'm using Lynne Vincent to Wear for my alterations in Green Cove Springs. My dress is being taken in signfiicantly, and she's doing either a 3 or 5 point bustle (it will depend on how the 3 looks like it will hold) and I think I'm paying around $120. I don't have my quote in front of me but I think that's right and I thought it was very reasonable. I was really happy with my fitting.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on using Martha Shump for alterations because I have heard amazing things about her.
    As for DJs, I wanted to use Stephen Paul but he was already booked but he seemed really great. I am using Austin Entertainment for mine. I heard about them after they did the Navy Ball at NAS JAX.
  • edited December 2011
    I've used Martha Shump twice for alterations (once for a bridesmaid dress and then for my wedding gown).  She's awesome, and her prices are dirt cheap compared to other seamstresses in town.  I'd highly recommend her :).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards