Florida-North Florida
Options

Photography and Flowers in Gainesville

Hi all! So, I just have to say that this board has been amazing help in the last two weeks since my FI proposed. We've managed to find a venue and DJ that's at the top of our lists as well as narrow down the precise date, time, and location we want the wedding at. Also, the colors of navy blue and a pastel yellow! Thank you again to everyone who has provided advice and suggestions to the few questions I have asked so far.

I do have another question now. Does anyone have any suggestions for affordable photographers and florists in the Gainesville area? My FI and I are running on a pretty tight budget and though we've been able to stay under it so far we're kind of worried that these two points would cause us to go over our budget. We have roughly $2500 to work with right now so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I do have to say that we've checked out Winn Dixie and Publix and right now it kind of seems like it might be a little more cost efficient to just hire a florist.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photography and Flowers in Gainesville

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, sounds like your planning is coming along great! I don't know about florists, but I'm using Jessica Grimm Photography, she's affordable, not right in Gainsville, but not far away either. Hope you find what you need soon :)
  • Options
    jamiemarie33jamiemarie33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Joan Prange from Prange's Florist did our flowers (we also DIYd our centerpieces to save $).  She is fantastic and seems to work with whatever budget you have.  I was so happy with her the day of our wedding.  She had extra roses from a wedding the previous day and added them to our ceremony flowers and put roses all over the buffet tables, and even made a  throw bouquet that I didn't ask for.  She went way above and beyond!

Our photographer was BRP Photo, a couple from Jacksonville.  Their rates are very reasonable.  They have a website with their prices, but go to their Facebook page to see newer pics.  I was very happy with our pictures and they are really nice to work with.

• Options
    beccas90beccas90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamie, I started looking at Joan Prange's work today and I do have to say that I really like her work. I'll have to get my FI to look at her work too and see what he thinks and maybe we can go from there. I know another bride on this board used Prange Flowers and they were really satisfied too, so it defnitely seems like a good sign! :-)

And Jessica Grimm looks good as well. I think we might take a little more time choosing our photographer than anything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Prange's Flowers and loved their work.  I wasn't working with a large budget for flowers so I didn't think I would be getting much.  She asked me what my favorite flowers were (and I had a list!) and she was able to incorporate them all into my bouquets and arrangements and came in on budget.  

Joan delivered my flowers and set up two ceremony locations (one indoors and one outdoors because it was raining pretty heavily before the ceremony).  She was amazing.  I have plenty of photos in my married bio.

As for photographers, we used Rob Witzel (<-- clicky).  It's a husband and wife team and they did a fantastic job for our wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    beccas90beccas90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll seriously have to check out Prange's since she seems to be so popular amongst you ladies. And jagore08, I looked at your Wedding Bio and I loved the flowers and overall decorations. It all looked very beautiful. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JessicaNewtonJessicaNewton member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still looking for an inexpensive photographer, I can help!

I'm in the Pensacola area and I'd love to work with you =)

Feel free to email me with an questions you have =)

jessicabnewton@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards