Florida-North Florida
Options

Jacksonville area bakeries - any thoughts?

Hey gals, 

I promise I looked through several pages and searched "bakeries" but had little luck. 

Anyone heard of, or more importantly, used Choux Designer Cakes and Pastries? Website looks good, available pics of cakes look great. 

As an aside, anyone recommend any other Jacksonville-area bakeries? I don't like to "shop around", but I want a tasty cake... :)

I know Publix is awesome, and am not discounting them. We are undecided if we want two "grooms" cakes or if we want a tiered cake funly decorated. 

Thanks!

Re: Jacksonville area bakeries - any thoughts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of Choux before. I would definitely check out Classic Cakes on 3rd Street. They are amazing, taste GREAT, and are affordable. We are using them for our wedding next October!

Good luck!
  • Options
    kris2131kris2131 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Metro Custom Cakes. Their cakes are, in my opinion, better than Publix, and we also got a better quote from them as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of Choux either.  We are using Classic Cakes in Jacksonville Beach as well.  :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    146 Invited image 81 Joining the celebration image 29 Are missing out image36 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: March 15, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out Cinottis Bakery in Jax Beach on Penman Road. I've gotten cakes from them on multiple occasions and have always been pleased with their work. Doodle and Mike are great people! They aren't super expensive either.

• Options
    becgrosebecgrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks girls!!

I have heard good things about Cinotti's as well.

I have inquiries into Choux and Cinotti's for info. I'll check out some of the others you guys posted here, too.

Once I get some info and get through some tastings, I'll re-post with some comparisons.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bblove- We are using Classic Cakes and it all depends on what you'd like on the cake as well as inside. Such as fresh raspberries are more expensive than just ganache filling inside. Go check them out for sure!
  • Options
    erininjaxerininjax member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used 3 Sisters Chocolate for my cake. EVERYONE commented on how tasty it was.. I wold highly recommend James over there. He can do Cake Boss types of cakes.

The pricing is just that- Pricy.

$6.50 a slice.. Personally I think its way to much but I still bought mine there. I loved my cake and once the wedding is over- you don't really care how much you spent. Its all about the memories.
  • Options
    ddeleoddeleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Girls,

Does anyone have any Bakery recommendations south of Jacksonville - St. Augustine or Palm Coast?

• Options
    amclausenamclausen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Publix for mine and it was a HUGE hit.  The cake was absolutely perfect in looks and in taste.  The price wasn't bad, around $3/slice, including delivery.
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Paul Collins for my wedding cake. It was amazing! Everyone said it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. The staff was complaining about how hard it was to cut because it was so moist. I gave him a pic of the cake I wanted and it looked even better on the day of the wedding. He's the pastry chef for Epping Forrest but he also has his own business "Signature Cakes by Paul." His pricing was slightly higher than Publix and a great deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi! I was out at a restaurant and my server spotted my engagement ring and she let me know she just got married the month before and started giving me all the dirt on her vendors. LOVE IT when that happens! Anyway, she raved about Bakery Moderne in Riverside. Has anyone checked them out?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, this is Tamatha from Choux Bakery! Just found this thread and had to jump in.

I wanted to point out that pricing at Choux is not at all high. Wedding cakes start at $4 per serving including delivery! There is a lot included in that pricing and you get plenty of personalized service and customization here.

There are certainly many great bakeries in Jacksonville, but please don't discount Choux Designer Cakes before checking it out! When you go to the gallery on the website, make sure to click on the files on the right side of the page and also click through the front pages. I update the pictures almost every week as new cakes come out of the shop.

Thanks for your interest in Choux and I hope I will hear from you!

Sincerely,
    Tamatha Cain
    owner/designer
    Choux Designer Cakes & Pastries
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sugar and Spice bakery in Macclenny did my sisters wedding cake, shower cake and bachelorette party cake. They have done mine as well. They do a fantastic job and are very affordable. The grooms cake and wedding cake for 130 people was 425.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards