Florida-North Florida
Options

Inviting Church Family

So I have a question...
My mom says a lot of my church family is expecting to be invited to the wedding.  She says not all of them are going to the reception, but I can't rely on the assumption that they're not going to want to come or ask about it.
We have a very strict limit on the amount of people we can invite to the reception. I had just planned on inviting our guest list to both events.  My mom now thinks I should do an open announcement in our monthly church bulletin that the church is invited to the ceremony part and to not even mention the reception.

My question:
Is this tacky and would people understand that they can't come to the reception unless they got an invitation in the mail?  
I've been going to my church for 15 years, and while I would love to invite all the people who do matter to me, it's just not possible.  My fiance has a large family.  Between our two families we've already hit 40 people and this is just the bridal/groom party and their significant others/parents. All of his family is here while most of mine cannot come as they are out of state.  We are really limited to 100-120 for the reception.

Please let me now what you think.

Thanks! :)

Re: Inviting Church Family

• Options
    I think it's ok.  If we all had our way we would have everything we ever dreamed of.....however everything in life has limitations.  If they want to see you, they will be satisfied with the ceremony.  Good Luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would talk to your pastor about it and ask him if he thinks its okay. 
  • Options
    I have been apart of my church for 20 years and I will not be inviting everyone to anything. I will have about 4 couples from my church of about 200. There are people in a church that are close to you and others that aren't. Stick with those that are close. People understand money issues and everyone doesn't expect to be invited. Recently a couple got married in our church and invited everyone to the wedding but made the reception invition only. Alot of people considered this rude and said that the couple only invited everyone to the wedding hoping to get lots of presents and not have to let them enjoy the party to follow.

It's your wedding, invite those that you want to be there! Don't worry about what everyone thinks. Do what makes you happy and causes you less stress.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards