Florida-North Florida
Options

Cake pricing?

What is normal pricing for a cake? I think I have heard that it goes by the slice. I am getting pricing from a girl and she said her most expensive is $4.75 a slice.

Re: Cake pricing?

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $2.50 a slice.  That's about the minimum you'd pay around here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! Thanks.. who did you use?
  • Options
    RayRaysDarlinRayRaysDarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked with Publix the othr day and a cake to feed 100 ppl was about $315...it was pretty reasonable. And their cakes were beautiful. :)
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_cake-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:eed7cdbc-68ba-4176-8745-82fb94cd766cPost:ecf3678b-90af-4c05-997d-069654e1ac8f">Re: Cake pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow! Thanks.. who did you use?
    Posted by princessbridesgb[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in Tallahassee, so if you're one of the many in Jacksonville, I'm probably not going to be much help.  But I used The Cake Shop.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks anyways Navybaby. :)
    And RaysRaysdarlin I've been hearing a lot about Publix. I will be checking them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $3.25 was the lowest I found in Pensacola at Publix. Too far for you but it gives you a ball park. The baker we chose was $4.25. That included delivery & a storage box for the top tier.  So many baker do not leave boxes for left overs, when I asked they charged extra for this. They also provide you with an anniversary cake that is a re-creation of the top tier of your cake. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which baker did you go with, Life?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you thank you! Much appreciated. We will start looking into cakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      We used Publix too and the cake was about $390 for three tiers with delivery.  The top tier had to be removed before the first dance (it was on columns) because it was ready to fall over.  Not sure who was at fault because the florist put in fresh flowers when we weren't there.  The sad thing was that they raised their prices ALOT from the time we were quoted to the ordering :(
  • Options
    CherylK00CherylK00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Jacksonville and I used Stovers Custom Cakes. I paid 390 for a cake that fed 110 plus a got a free groomsmen cake that was huge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used The Little Cake Shop out of Daphne AL. but they cover P'cola & surrounding areas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards