Florida-North Florida
Options

Wedding packages

Hi Ladies! This is my first time posting, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I recently became engaged in February, and we are really wanting to have a small destination wedding in Florida in April 2011.

So I have two questions: Right now we are trying to decide between Destin and St. Augustine. They are both so beautiful, does anyone have any input?

Also, has anyone used or heard of A Wedding Dream in Paradise? Their web site (floridaweddings.com) is great, and they offer a lot of great wedding packages, which I am really wanting to do to hopefully avoid more stress. I would just like to make sure they are reputable and to make sure the pros outweigh the cons of a wedding package rather than trying to find so many separate vendors. I'm also concerned because they offer so many different locations across all of Florida I don't really know how they can go to so many places.

Thanks so much!

Re: Wedding packages

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the company but you can't go wrong with either destination.  St. Augustine is a historic town (great for guests to do things if they're taking a mini vacation) and has beautiful beaches.  Destin has some of the most beautiful beaches I've been to and would make for a great beach wedding.  Good luck with your choice, you can't go wrong either way.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am biased towards St. Augustine because that's where my wedding is going to be! It's such a beautiful and histroric place with lots of great options for ceremonies, receptions not to mention photo opps! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm biased to St. Augustine too!  It's a just cute little town with tons of history.   There's so many cute little venues for your small wedding.  BUT...If you are leaning towards a beach wedding I would say Destin.  I went there last summer and the beach is beautiful.  

Conratulations and good luck!
    Jackie 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Augustine has So much history....  I say go for that one!
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Options
    jrmiller0914jrmiller0914 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Destin is wonderful. Check out serene Occasions. They customize pacakges so you aren't in a cookie cutter package. Everything you need and nothing you dont. They are great. St. Augustine is nice too... but I go to florida for the beach and destin has it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards