Ohio-Northeast

Hydrangeas, Peonies and Roses

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows if these flowers are on the more expensive end? I'm looking to make my centerpieces out of them and wondering if it's cheaper to go with real ones or the ones that are made to look like they're real?? I don't know anything about flowers. I'm getting married in Ashtabula so it'll probably be Cleveland pricing that everyone's gonna use......!

Thanks!!

Re: Hydrangeas, Peonies and Roses

• skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would say all 3 are more on the high-end than low end. If you're getting married in the spring when Peonies are in bloom you might be able to get them from people you know that grown them in their yards.

I can't remember what we were quoted on Hydrangeas but I'm think it was $6 to $8 each.

Roses vary, I'd think the very cheapest might be $1.50 per stem but could be as high as $3 or $3.50 each.

I don't have anything other than a guess on Peonies but I'd guess $4 to $6 each.
    Peonies have a pretty short bloom time.

This site might give you some idea, note that I don't know where they are located so these prices might be higher than you'll find in your area, http://www.fiftyflowers.com/ Scroll down and click the link for the flowers you are interested in.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! It's certainly food for thought, but I think I'm going to go with tree branches instead. My grandparents live on 17 acres in Ashtabula so they'll be free and I found some very cheap tealight hangers. All I'd need to do is wire some fake flowers intermittently. I found these silk flowers in a store called Hobby Lobby in Houston where my mom lives and they're called "true touch"...they are coated in this plastic stuff to make them look and feel real...depending on the cost of real flowers, I might just use them. They're $2.99 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards