Florida-North Florida

Stressed with everything going on

AH!!!  There is so much going on leading up to the wedding.  I have so many birthdays coming up including mine, my two bridal showers, bachelorette party, finishing the wedding plans, and FSIL having a baby.  Now my cousin who lives in NJ is moving up her wedding to end of March.  We really want to go but its 12 days before FSIL's due date.  I'm probably going but FI might not be able to go and he really wants to.  He hasn't gotten to meet a lot of my extended family because they all live out of state.  It seems like everything is happening at once!

Jackie
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Photobucket
My Start to a Planning Bio
213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15

Re: Stressed with everything going on

• toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way. Everything is just piling on and it seems like it's spinning out of control. I'm trying not to lose it, hahaha. Hopefully your FI can make it to the wedding!
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just take some time to relax with your FI.  It will make the process better!
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go on a date night where you don't talk about anything wedding related - FI and I do it once a month to keep us sane from all the moving and wedding planning...

• lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Relax girl! Take sometime to put all your events on a calendar, then mark off sometime to recharge and be distracted from the stress. It will give you a sense of organization and peace that it is doable.  You need to change your frame of mind -

All these events you are talking about are such happy occasions.
    Enjoy them, allll the love and family you are surrounded by are such a blessing. Some people have no one.

You'll get thru it and the best part is....

you have your future hubby by yourside to support you and enjoy it all. Stress and worry are emotions that drain your energy and can cause weight gain which none of us brides need! LOL   hugz!
  • edited December 2011

Ah, yes, I too am there. We had a nice break for a couple months, now the wedding plans are stressing us out along with everything else. Engagement party, friend's pig roast, brother's birthday, rentals...it never ends!

Just keep checking things off your list one at a time and try not to freak out about anything else that might pop up. As my mom said the other day, just take it all in stride and remember your man loves you no matter what's going on.

• clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha...just don't get to the point that I'm at. What point might that be you ask? The point when you are completely sick of it all and boycotting it 1 1/2 months before the wedding which means that there are a million things that WON'T get done! Uggghhh...I'm giving myself a week off to re-charge. You should do the same. Hang in there. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AK_SueAK_Sue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's one thing all of your events have in common..... they are all happy events. It's all good, and you will survive. As someone who has been thru it and survived, I say, relax and enjoy.  It seems crazy now, but it will fly by and (for me it was a blur) and the next thing you know it will all be over and you will be sitting on the couch at home with your husband debating whether to watch American Idol or Manswers on t.v.! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice!  We will take a little bit of time to relax and recharge. 

Jackie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards