Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Where did you....

We're trying to decide where to have our engagement photos taken. Where did you ladies take yours or wish to take yours?

Re: Where did you....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We took ours on Mill Ave.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Freestone Park in Gilbert. It's BEAUTIFUL. :D
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are actually doing ours this weekend.  We are going to do a few on Mill Ave (this is actually where FI and I met, which is a big reason we chose there), then we'll be walking down to Tempe Beach Park to get a few by the water and such.  I like the location because there's so much variety in walking distance.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with Freestone Park in Gilbert! BEAUTIFUL! We also did some at Saguaro Ranch Park in Glendale and at a local park, which I originally thought sounded tacky but they came out very cute! I've also seen realllllly cute ones at junk yards.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did some of ours in a local community park close to the Grove in Gilbert, and the rest out at Seville where we are getting married.  There are a ton of places!

South mountain is great for pictures, Papago park, Freestone park... you could also check into Desert Botanical Gardens.  I've seen people doing bridal pics and stuff there, and it's a gorgeous place.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sahuaro Ranch Park in Glendale
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we have two sessions.  Our first was where we met, Gameworks in Tempe.  It was fun.  The second is tonight in Downtown Gilbert.  There are two parks, historical buildings, all different types of architecture, colors, water features, railroad, museum.  And its all in a small area.  
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scottsdale Civic Center, where the LOVE statue is. :)

But if that's too cheesy for you, the Civic Center also has lots of great grass areas, fountains, ponds, etc.  But remember to check and see if there is an event on the day you plan to take your pictures, otherwise you might have to fight a crowd of people.
    -- Trang
  • Options
    wesleyannwesleyann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did it in downtown mesa area :) nowhere super specific down there but found a lot of great back drops and places and was really happy with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing mine this afternoon!! We are going to Telaquepaqu in Sedona. I'm a little nervous though because the weather has been pretty crappy in Prescott. Here is to hoping that Sedona is beautiful this afternoon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_did?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:01db8fe1-06e8-4308-9961-a041959347adPost:d37314a5-419b-49e6-a237-db87b3af99fd">Re: Where did you....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing mine this afternoon!! We are going to Telaquepaqu in Sedona. I'm a little nervous though because the weather has been pretty crappy in Prescott. Here is to hoping that Sedona is beautiful this afternoon!
    Posted by stephanielynn08[/QUOTE]

Bad weather can be really interesting for pictures!  I'm hoping for overcast for our wedding day, so the sunset will be more interesting!   Clear skies are boring for photography.  =)
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards