Arizona-Phoenix

Wedding Venue Advice: Arizona Historical Society??

Hello!!

My fiance and I are planning to get married in April of 2012 and are currently researching wedding venues in and around Phoenix.  We're both fairly non-traditional and are looking for outdoor ceremony/reception venues that are not resorts or golf courses.

One of the venues we really liked for a reception was the Arizona Historical Society Museum in Tempe.  Their outdoor courtyard is beautiful and desert-y...perfect for a Phoenix wedding.  Our only concern: it's directly in the Sky Harbor flight path, so there are planes flying overhead every two minutes (yes, we timed it :) ) !

We go back and forth on whether this would be extremely annoying during a wedding reception, where there would be music playing, people chatting, etc.

Has anyone been to a wedding reception there and/or have any feedback on the location?

Thanks so much for your help!!!
Lauren

Re: Wedding Venue Advice: Arizona Historical Society??

• edited December 2011
    I would be more concerned about it for the ceremony than the reception...  that's a pretty huge mood killer, imo.

I don't see it being a huge issue for a reception, like you said there will be music and things to pretty much muffle it out, but the ceremony everyone will be trying to hear you two, and the officiant. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    Agreed!  If we end up having the reception there, we would likely have the ceremony at the Scottsdale Civic Center, which is much quieter.

Thanks so much for the feedback!
    Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there in January actually.  the ceremony was outside and the reception was inside. I heard one plane- and it was quick- not a big deal.  If you LOVE everything and the price then you should go for it.  I personally would not book there, I didnt care for the space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards