Arizona-Phoenix
Options

bridal shower question...

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if you open your gifts at your shower? My MOH and I both have been to showers where the gifts were open and where they were not... Does anyone know what the proper etiquette is for this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal shower question...

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, you open your gifts at the shower.  The entire point is to "shower the bride with gifts," so opening them is sort of the main event.   :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Although I feel very awkward and uncomfortable opening gifts in front of a bunch of eyes staring at me- I will be opening my gifts at my shower (This Sunday- Ahhh!).  I know that when I give someone a gift I really look forward to seeing their reaction upon opening it, so I don't want to deprive my guests of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most guests to a wedding shower expect to see your reaction to their gifts.  It makes them feel good about their choices.  I hate being the center of attention so I think I'll ask my MOH to load me up with mimosas!  
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards