Arizona-Phoenix

Can I get a Witness!!.

My name is Virginia and my fiance and I have been engaged for about a year.  We recently relocated to AZ from NJ. We decided that we wanted to make our commitment official now and have a more formal ceremony at a later date, so we went to the court house, got the license and was ready to have the ceremony when all of a sudden they told us we would need two witnesses...  Frown.
Well, that is the problem we don't know anyone.... 

So I am asking, does anyone live near Buckeye, AZ and available tomorrow at 2pm to be a witness?
I know this sounds crazy but its real...

Re: Can I get a Witness!!.

• DakotaMNDakotaMN member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in Mexico but did the legal ceremony here at the court house, you can use thier witnesses and you only pay 20 or 30 dollars I think.  Just an option.
  • edited December 2011
    Thats what I would think, but they didn't mention it. only said that it was 60 dollars for the judge to do the service and that I would need two witnesses. 
  • Krion2001Krion2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can pay $10.00 for each witness at the court house.  Normally these are just people who work there, and they only witness you sign the marriage certificate.  They won't be standing next to you during the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards