Arizona-Phoenix
Options

*TheMelodyWithin*

Hi there,
If memory serves me, you are using the Waterfront and did some research on hotel blocks a while back. Did you find a place? I'm about to start research and thought you might be able to give me some tips or information you learned from closeby hotels. Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Re: *TheMelodyWithin*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We found our hotel at the Hampton Inn on Scottsdale just south of McKellips. It's exactly 5 miles away but they offer a  complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius including to and from the airport and to and from the wedding. They offered me a deal of $75 a night including continental breakfast. The facilities are really nice and they have 2 pools and a putting green!  I tried the Embassy Suites that are within a mile but they only would give me a "discount" (a whole $9) off of their regular room rates of $143 a night. We looked at  the Four Points as well, and they weren't in the best neighborhood. I hope this helps!

By the way, who are you using for catering? I am having the hardest time finding someone!
    ~*February 13, 2011*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
    0 Can't come :(image
    146 are still deciding image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you that is so good to know! I am going crazy with caterers, too. I'm glad I'm not alone! I have a tasting set up with Heidi's on Thursday and one a week from tomorrow with Special Moments. I have received estimates from Special moments and they were second cheapest from the list of preffered caterers. The cheapest was Andrew's Catering. We went to a tasting with them and were not impressed. There pulled pork was good, but the "nicer" food wasn't and I want something a little more formal than pulled pork. I will let you know how the tastings go if you want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to know! I have a tasting set up with Atlasta for next weekend... are you going to the open house tomorrow night? We're meeting a potential chair cover company tomorrow down there during the open house and going to try out our centerpieces while we're there.
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My quote from Atlasta seemed a little pricey, but I still would love to know how your tasting goes. I've heard good things about them. I didn't even know there was an open house tomorrow night, but I would like to go. I've been having trouble lately picturing my wedding and I think revisiting the venue would help. What time is it? What are you doing for centerpieces? I don't even think I know what colors you're doing or anything. Also, I really hate the way the chairs look uncovered, but I think I'm just going to go with it because $5 a chair isn't going to happen for me. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked with Heidi's Catering. The tasting went really well. Drew was so helpful! The food was good and they can contract with A Piece of Cake or Honeymoon Sweets, so I got to book my cake at the same time, saving me time! They pride themselves on having a good staff and they said they will set up the centerpieces and do all kinds of little extras the day of the wedding, which I know will be so helpful. I reccomend them and felt like it was a really good price for everything we're getting. I am so happy to have it done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the HUGE check! They're one of our next ones to try.

I got my chair covers for about $2.70 a chair including sashes and set up and takedown. To me it's worth it. Our colors are sage green and chocolate brown...what about you?
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a pretty good deal. Who did you go through? Our colors are black and white with silver and green accents. I really cannot say enough about how great our experience at Heidi's was today. I hope you find your caterer soon. It is such a relief!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What pretty colors! Which color green are you going for?

Robyn with classy presentations is who we're going with for chair covers. They look really nice and if you look at her website, most of her photo gallery is of the Waterfront.

Did you start looking at hotels?
    163 Invited image
    17 Can't wait! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've inquired at the Tempe Mission Palms. They are really expensive. And we called and left a message at the Marriot on Ash and 5th. I like the idea of being close to downtown Tempe, but it is pricey so we'll see what happnes. I have a hard time describing the green. I guess you could say it's "kelly green" - you know, that green green, not too dark, not too light, not lime. It's really tricky getting my flowers right. I love chocolate brown, by the way. I almost did that instead of silver, but I didn't want to mix it with the black and white stuff we're doing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards