Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Honeymoon

Hello ladies!Can you tell me if you booked your honeymoon through a travel agent or by using a site online? Also, what destinations were/are you considering? I'm looking into Turks & Caicos, Jamaica and Hawaii.Thank you!

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I kept procrastinating booking the honeymon because I am indecisive and other issues going on.  Well we finally booked it last week.  Maui.  We were really only considering Hawaii, because international travel is a bit more stressful, plus neither of us have been to HI!  I was wondering about booking through a travel agency as well, but it was more effort than it was worth (I couldn't find one open on weekends).  So I just went through Expedia.com and read all of the ratings on the hotels we liked and then cross referenced the prices with the actual hotel's websites. You could try multiple sites too, Kayak, Priceline, etc.  Also, my coworker sent me a deal from Costco, they have all kinds of amazing deals on vacation packages!Good luck!
  • Options
    winterwed2010winterwed2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI--I am doing Hawaii! Going to the big island for 1 week. I priced around and then contacted VIP Vacations and Jennifer. A lot of knotties recommended her and I watched her on the travel channel, didn't think she would even work with me...but she did. They don't charge any fees and what I found online they matched. Now I feel like have a real expert handling my HM! I used to do my stuff on my own, but if it doesn't cost anymore and they can do the research, then why not?? Plus I didn't want my FI to be upset if I did something wrong! her email is jennifer@travelbyvip.com By the way, we are relocating to Phoenix after the wedding!! I am so excited to not have to deal with snow anymore on the east coast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Winterwed - good luck with your move!  I've lived here my whole life and cannot love AZ summers!  ;-)  What island are you honeymooning?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Great Escapes Travel Agency (Sheryl Wood is a family friend) and we are going on an 8 day cruise to the south Caribbean in late October.  I think we're looking forward to the honeymoon more than the actual wedding! :)We also considered doing a 2 week cruise to Hawaii, and the price really wasn't that bad.  Cruises are definitely the way to go when it comes to more bang for your buck imo
  • Options
    winterwed2010winterwed2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing KONA Village on the Big Island. Have a stop over in Honolulu! Staying at Hilton Hawaiin Village there. Kona has all your meals and a luau included. Plus the rooms are these thatched huts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards