Ohio-Northeast

alterations

Hi! I currently live in Columbus, but getting married up in Cleveland. My dress is currently in Cleveland, and I am looking for someone in the Cleveland area to alter my dress. I figure it will be better to have it done up there in case things go to the last moment... My wedding is May 8, so i need to find someone ASAP lol... i haven't tried on my dress in awhile, but i know i will need the bust taken in and the length shortened a lot. I bought the dress extra long thinking i was going to wear heels, but then decided i didn't want to be a foot taller than fiance at the ceremony! (i will save that for the reception!), so now the dress needs a lot of work...

so let me know who you used, friends used, or just someone you have heard great things about. I have a back up, but i know nothing about her and her work, so I would rather get some ideas of who is in the area first.

Re: alterations

• KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a bridesmaid dress altered at Julianne's in Olmested Falls, and I know others have used them for their wedding dresses. I'm having my wedding dress altered at Images Bridal in North Royalton....I know they will alter dresses that were bought elsewhere. You can make an appointment for a consultation there. I tried on my dress and she gave me an approximate quote for the alterations...seemed reasonable
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Julianne's and highly recommend.
    My SIL used this lady and she did an amazing job and was very affordable as well - well below other places she looked at.

Stella’s Dressmaking-Alterations for Ladies & MenStella Cwiakala8313 Southington Dr.Parma, OH 44129440-845-1132, call after 6:00 p.m.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Denise at Julianne's for my wedding dress as well as a bridesmaid dress when I was in my brother's wedding. Highly recommend! She did great work both times and is very reasonably priced. She'll work on any dress from any shop, and she makes dresses as well. Link to the shop in my bio.

Two more seamstresses that do great work are Gail Czapor (Parma) and Cara Hunsicker (Olmsted Twp).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards