Arizona-Phoenix

looking for a wedding venue by the water

so, I'm trying to set up and plan my wedding which will be in phoenix az from upstate new york.  And I'm having some difficulty to say the least :)  Thankfully I have my sister in law there and she's helping out.  Here's the thing, I want to get married by the water.  I know thats not exactly an easy thing to find in and around phoenix.  I also am on a pretty tight budget.  If anyone has any ideas it would be really helpful.  I've been looking at different parks like Papago and Encanto, but I don't really want to get married in a public park with a bunch of random people around.  I don't want to shell out 1000's of dollars to get married in a spa/hotel either.  I'm looking for a place only for the ceremony, about 80 people, with a place for me to get dressed and stuff.  Something really simple, probably only for 2 hours.  The water can be a lake, river, pond, you get the idea.  I'm getting married at sunset so I want the lights to twinkle off the water and such.  Any ideas would be super helpful, I'm not the girly wedding kind of girl so I'm kinda winging this :)

Re: looking for a wedding venue by the water

• edited December 2011
    The Milenium Hotel and the Chart House restaurant are both on a lake in Scottsdale. I have no idea how much either are, or if the Chart House even has weddings, but I love that lake and it is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. Check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Val Vista Lakes and The Waterfront are venues with water. HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Waterfront is icky. It smells like a giant aquarium. Are you open to having something up north near one of the lakes?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kaity Jcc-I'm also a NY brid e planning her phoenix (well scottsdale) wedding.  I'm also on a tight budget-curious to see what some people suggest.I'm actually looking at the Fairmont in scotsdale OR Maggianno's now there really isn't water near either; but there is the pools at the Fairmont.  Both places have been VERY helpful and so far have been great to work with!Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Japanese Friendship Garden in downtown Phoenix. I'm not sure what you're looking for budget-wise, but according to what you listed, it fits the bill. There's water, a waterfall, pristine grounds, and a teahouse in the back where you can change or freshen up. Diana is who you'll deal with, and she was wonderful. We got married there in November of last year, after the park was closed for the day and it was absolutely gorgeous. Really, it's stunning. You can check out a photo in my planning bio, or go here: www.japanesefriendshipgarden.org
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Fountain Hills.  It is kind of like a public park but I don't imagine it would cost much.  It is basically a big circular lake with a GIANT fountain that shoots out of the middle.  There is also a place called Val Vista Lakes in Gilbert that does weddings.  I don't know about prices because it looked too small for my wedding. I saw you mentioned Encanto Park in your post- I would definitely not recommend that park.  It isn't very pretty and not in the best area of town.
  • edited December 2011
    Val Vista Lakes is very pretty if you are looking for something near the water. It is not cheap but FAR from the most expensive. You could probably do everything for around 10,000 and you can bring in your own catering company
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Val Vista Lakes, its a little over $5,000 for a Friday or Saturday, but it's less than $2500 for a Sunday.  We chose a Sunday, because it's less than half the price.  It holds up to 200 people.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would look into Tempe Center for the Arts...other brides have said that it is beautiful and affordable...and it is right next to Tempe Town Lake.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions, I finally picked the Japanese friendship garden downtown. It's absoloutley perfect! For $550 I got it for 2 hours it's exactly what I wanted. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_looking-wedding-venue-water?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:10387311Post:62383552">looking for a wedding venue by the water</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your suggestions, I finally picked the Japanese friendship garden downtown. It's absoloutley perfect! For $550 I got it for 2 hours it's exactly what I wanted. :)
    Posted by kaity_Jcc[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi...I live in Phx and I want to get married by the water as well.  I looked up Japanese Friendship Garden and it looks gorgous!  I bet your wedding was amazing!  How was the experince?  You said it only cost $550 for two hours was that just the ceremony?  Did they supply anything or did you have to bring everything in seperate?  Thanks for any help!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards