Arizona-Phoenix

Registry Poll

Ladies, I'm checking out registry events at a couple of stores next month & wanted your take on the following: (1) Where did you register (i.e. what did you like or dislike about your experiences there)?(2) What was your one "must have" registry item? (3) What do you wish you registered for? (4) What do you wish you left off of the registry? For those of you who haven't registered yet, maybe you can tweak the questions so you can still play: (1) Where will you register & why(2) what will be your one "must have" registry item?). TIA!

Re: Registry Poll

• edited December 2011
    We registered only at BB&B because I've heard great reviews about them, love their stuff, and they offer cash back returns for items on your registry. Call me simple but my one must have off the registry is definitely the universal knife block - I already have great knives but this thing allows you to house all of the mismatched ones together!  
  • edited December 2011
    (1) Where did you register (i.e. what did you like or dislike about your experiences there)?- Crate & Barrel - love the store in general, loved the registry party with free breakfast we went to, love how friendly and clean the store is- Target - my favorite store on the planet! Love the WIDE variety and I already shop there.- Bed Bath & Beyond - I only registered there because MIL wanted us too.  But there I was able to register for my "must haves".(2) What was your one "must have" registry item? - Lime Green Kitchenaid Stand Mixer from BBB(3) What do you wish you registered for? - Towels, linens, etc. But I still have time because the wedding is just under two months and the shower pretty much wiped the registries clean.(4) What do you wish you left off of the registry? - The Sham-Wow! because while fi registered for a few things he wanted, and heard they work really well, EVERYONE at the shower had a comment about it, how it was tacky, blah blah, which I really don't understand!  But I wish I would have saved faced and spent the $10 for them myself!
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you register?Williams Sonoma--I love a lot of their gourmet tools.  We weren't able to fill up our registry, but we did find a lot of quality items there.BB&B--There is one in just about every major city, and they have a huge selection of housewares.Target--We really didn't want to register here, but we figured our guests needed one other option.  We have heard that they are just miserable to work with during the return process, so we might delete it to go elsewhere.  What was your one "must have" registry item?Stainless Steal Kitchen Aid 5 quartWhat we still need to register forBedding for the guest bedroom
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    (1) Where did you register (i.e. what did you like or dislike about your experiences there)?Target - Overall it was ok, but it was a pain in the butt when it came to editing things online because my password kept getting reset and at one point they "lost" my registry for about 24 hours, you could look at it when you were at the store but it wasn't on the target.com website.Honeymoonwishes.com - OMG, love this company, its mainly just your honeymoon registry but it can be used for other things tooJCPenny - Didn't get much from there but overall ok.(2) What was your one "must have" registry item? Dyson, didn't get it of course :((3) What do you wish you registered for? More kitchen utensils, I'm a cook and I can never have enough(4) What do you wish you left off of the registry?My fiance wanted to register for air purifiers but wasn't sure which one he wanted so he registered for 2.  He had the gun so I couldn't stop him.I also gave FI the gun so that he would have a little more fun since he hates shopping
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1: We only registered at BBB. We originally had registries at Target and Kohl's, too. Target not only has a terrible return policy, but they change out their stuff too often and when things went out of stock, they just went blank on our registry. So we didn't even know what we needed to replace. Kohl's was fine except that they have high prices so that they can say their things are 50% off, etc. Well, the registry only shows the high prices. I didn't figure guests would want to hunt down all the items to see what the real price was. Plus, I could get everything at BBB. BBB has been more than fabulous and I cannot believe the level of service I get there. I love it! 2: FI and I are starting out fresh and so we needed all the basics. I am really excited about the Corelle dinnerware though. It should hold up pretty well. Also, if you don't have a china set, register for one. 3: Nothing - if I think of something we will need, I just add it online. 4: Originally, FI and I had put cleaning things on our registry. As in, a mop, broom, bucket, etc. Neither of us were very comfortable with it afterwards, so we took it off. Even though we need it, we can buy it for ourselves with money we receive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards