Arizona-Phoenix

HM - out of the heat?

I am getting married in February but we are taking our Honeymoon in the summer to escape the heat. We were thinking about Canada. I tried to post something on the Honeymoon page but everyone seems to be going somewhere Hot...we are trying to escape the hot. Any ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HM - out of the heat?

• katafie929katafie929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im also getting married in february! But were taking our honeymoon right away. But FI wants somewhere cold with snow. So with us, we were thinking Northern CA, like Lake Tahoe or even Colorado.San Francisco and Napa Valley were options too. you could check out those places and see what average temps are for those areas!
  • jacie127jacie127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Northern Minnesota (Lutsen, Grand Marais), Upstate New York, or Maine? All of those places are absolutely gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually 2nd Northern Minnesota... I am from the twin cities, and have been up to Lutsen a couple times a year for my whole life. There are some great resorts right on Lake Superior that are really pretty and lots to do up there. Especially if you like the outdoors. It would be very relaxing, but not the best choice if you are looking for lots of action. Lutsen Resort is really pretty and they have lots of lodging options (new cabins, old cabins, rooms in the lodge, etc.). Bluefin Bay is also great, and there are TONS of resorts that I have never been to that are also supposed to be nice. You could also check out the UP (Michigan). And Maine would be insanely gorgeous but I would rather do that in the fall I think to see the changing leaves and whatnot.
  • paintmepaintme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for you help. I do love Northern Minnesota. My family has a cain up by Park Rapids (if you know the area). I love it but am looking for an area that niether of us have been to before. Any other ideas...Alaska, Canada?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If Alaska is an option- go there! We went last summer (husband's sister lived in Anchorage for 2 years) and had an absolute blast. If you go, plan to to a fair amount of driving, as the state is huge. You will see amazing things though! We saw Mt. McKinley, Grizzley bears, black bears, TONS of Moose, so many other animals. Gorgeous waterfalls, icebergs. Its light outside from about 5 am-2 am (almost 24 hours) which is interesting. We went to Seward, Homer, Anchorage, Denali. We did an iceberg cruise thing, went halibut/salmon fishing, to some art fests, and mainly saw an insane amount of gorgeous scenery.
  • edited December 2011
    That is the most brilliant idea I have ever heard!  I think we will have to do the same!  I have have heard great things about Vancouver, Canada...Alaskan Cruises...CA is beautiful and simple also : ) Thanks for the idea of the summer honeymoon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards