Arizona-Phoenix
Options

bachelorette party dillema

I need some opinions on a situation for my bachelorette party. 2 of my bridesmaids have graciously offered to plan the entire event which will be a weekend in Vegas so I have really let them do what they want with it. One of my friends created a private Facebook group to get thoughts from everyone and has banned me from the group so that it is a surprise; however all of my friends are calling me with a bunch of concerns about what going on and various things. The one thing I am mainly concerned about is the date. Initially they were talking about having the party in February because one of my bridesmaids (and oldest friends) is in school out of the country and that is when her break is and one of the girls throwing it lives in Chicago and wants to space out her flights - but I am getting married in May and I really don't want my party so far out from the wedding date. It just doesn't make sense to me. So I talked to one of the girls who is planning it and we decided that the date can't be decided on one person's needs and made the date for the end of April, just one month before. Well now I guess a 2 or 3 girls talked to her about the weekend we chose being right befopre their finals (some of my girls are still in college) and my bridesmaid called and I told her that maybe we can move it to the weekend before but I REALLY didn't want it earlier. Then I got a call froma friend tellign me the new date was now the end of March - that is two whole months before the wedding. I'm really frustrated because I feel liek everyone is just using the bachelorette party as an excuse to go to Vegas and party and not really thinkign about the wedding at all.When are you having your bachelorette party? Do you think 2 months is too far out or am I just being a brat and need to let them plan it how they want since they are throwing it for me?I thought maybe I could just go out to the local bars with come girls two weeks or so before the wedding as more of a traditional "last night out" kind of event if they really want Vegas 2 months out but I don't want to hurt anyones feelings or seem ungrateful. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Re: bachelorette party dillema

• Options
    katafie929katafie929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think going to vegas 2 months out should be fine. That way all of your BMs can be there to celebrate with you. Were doing ours a month and a half in advance but then im going with a few local BMs to bars locally the weekend before the wedding. So I think its completely fine doing it a little in advance, especially if you want all of your BMs to be there with you!good luck!
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's your bachelorette party, but sometimes you have to think about your attendants.  Going to Vegas can be really pricey, and some your your maids might be pressed for cash.  I know that we brides spend a lot of money on the wedding, but they do too.  They may feel a little intimidated to tell you about their financial troubles.It's probably true that they are using this as an excuse to go to Vegas, but that doesn't mean you can't still have fun as a bride to be.  I would suggest having the Vegas trip around the time that most people can join.  Then, have an outing closer to your wedding date that is your last hurrah. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice so far ladies. I should probably also note that there are about 35 girls invited to this thing so in my head, changing things around to accommodate 1, 2 or 3 people seems silly since everyone has conflicts and I fell like the only reason it is getting switched is because it involves girls that my bm's throwing the party know, and not girls they haven't met yet. Sounds like I just need to let them plan it whenever they want and go out with some girls the weekend or two before if I still want. I just hope the girls who can't go to that dont feel like I dont appreciate the actual bachelorette party they are working so hard to plan...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my party with 24 of us in Vegas in the end of May and our wedding was 09/05/09.  We planned for May because of everyone's schedules and I thought it made sense to go early.  The last few months of wedding planning for me were crazy hectic for me and this felt like the kickoff party to the countdown.  Getting that many girls together is so hard. I say relax, let them plan it, and then go and enjoy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards