Arizona-Phoenix
Options

horrible hair trial

So I was extremely excited about my hair trial today. Until she nixed half of the styles I liked and then the salon staff was making fun of the other half of the pictures I brought in. Then my BM really wanted to come with me, but then she never ended showing up or responding to my texts. So the stylist was busy working away and it wasn't until the end that I realized she was making me look like a poodle. Some kind of crazy 1980's/90's curly weird nightmare. I don't know how to post pics otherwise I would. I am so sad. It's not like the pictures at all I showed her. I don't know if I should just find somewhere else to go or what. She is supposed to be my makeup artist as well. :-( I am just so disappointed on what was supposed to be such a fun day. Did any of you have disappointing hair trials?  Can any of you recommend a hair and makeup artist who don't charge an arm and a leg?  I am only a month out today.  Thx.

Re: horrible hair trial

• Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DEFINITELY find someone else. That is why you have trials. She can't do your hair the way you want, so you need to find someone else. Even more upsetting, she is not listening to you or treating you professionally. You are better off getting rid of her now instead of being disappointed on the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that happened to you!! Ditto PP, FIND SOMEONE ELSE. Pronto. I decided to do 2 hair & makeup trials, and I am SO glad I did, the first one had a fantastic hair stylist, but the makeup was a JOKE. Luckily I had a second one scheduled at a different salon, and everything worked out with both aspects. This is your wedding, and you are paying for a service, not to be laughed at or made up to look like a fool. Go elsewhere and don't feel badly about it. I highly recommend Rolf's at Gainey Village (Krissy for hair, Morgan for makeup) but they can be pricey. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. That is extremely unprofessional behavior. I would not only book with someone else but I would also talk to the manager of the salon about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I have decided to go elsewhere.  It is totally not worth it feeling like that.  My mom looked at the pics and was like umm yeah that is definitely a flower girl/juvenile hairdo.  So I will start calling around, again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like my hair/makeup artist and she listened to exactly what I wanted. I think her prices are very reasonable, especially considering she comes to you. Her name is Allison www.makeupaz.com. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, didn't mean to screw the link up www.makeupaz.com  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would find someone else. There are tons of other people who can do you hair and makeup, i'd keep looking for someone who will actually listen to you! Good luck :)And I am having my sister do my hair and makeup and I thought our trial went great. That is one of the only things that has gone well so far, lol!
  • Options
    mnido1mnido1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain. I had several hair / makeup trials and I didn't find my makeup & hair people until the week of my wedding. In the end I realized that it is best to go with different people for both one who specializes in hair only and one who specializes in makeup. For hair I used Nici of Salon Solo Mio in Gilbert & Brianna from MAC. I posted their contact info on a post not too long ago. You can email me (molinawedding926@gmail.com) if you can't find it or would like to see pics of my hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards