Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Vendor Reviews

We got married on 10/10 and I thought Id post some vendor reviews.  Hope they help! Wedding Planner:Your Heart's Desire--ExcellentEmily was amazing!  We had both a Hindu wedding & a civil American one in the same day.  She did all the research fo the Hindu one & woulnd up knowing more than I did!  We planned for a year & a half and are out of state.  She went with us to all the meetings and made them fit into our short trips home.  She made sure I was involved in all the decisions (I wanted to be) and then took care of all the background stuff.  We had some small things go wrong the day of the wedding, but I didnt even know about some of them until the next day.  She handled all the wedding events (golf, rehersal dinner & brunch) and they were all fantastic.  We got tons of compliments on how fantastic our wedding was and wouldnt have been without her!Venue & caterer: Desert Mountain Cochise/Geronimo Clubhouse--ExcellentOur wedding planner had connections so we were able to get sponsored to be memebers for the day.  Its a beautiful location in the mountains & on a golf course.  Sunset was amazing & the staff was great.  They worked with us on a lot of the little things we needed and were super nice (Michelle specifically & the catering manager).  The food was great & they took family Indian recipes & made them perfectly for us.  They forgot the rice, but as soon as I asked it was out.Cakes: Sweets Unlimited—Excellent The cake was delicious & exactly what we designed.  The pattern matched our wedding design perfectly. Cake Contessa (groom’s cake)—Excellent I wanted a “brides cake” instead and they made a 3D Cardinals helmet cake for me—complete with Superbowl logo.  And it tasted fantastic too.   Photographer: Kimberly Jarman Photogrpahy—Excellent We loved our photographer.  Half the time we didn’t know she was there and when things were getting hectic her assistant was running errands for us.  When my husband’s sister threw a hissy fit during the pics she was able to distract her long enough to get the shots.  The 2nd shooter even broke into the guys locker room to get some shots of him getting ready before she got thrown out.  She rushed out a bunch of photos for us to use at our local reception at home that was 2 weeks later and rushed them to us in the mail—theyre beautiful!   Videographer: Picture Video (Perry Sevey)—Fair He wasn’t obtrusive and stayed out of the way, which was nice.  However, he was also supposed to rush out a video for our local reception.  He was late hetting to the MOH & when we were able to watch it the day before the reception hed made it far lomger that it should’ve been & only did the Indian ceremony.  We had to call the wedding planner & she got him to make a very short one of the Indian ceremony that he put on his website for us to download.  It was really hectic and pain to deal with.  Judging from what he sent us, I think it was a lot less artistic than we wanted…it seemed as though he just had the camera on us the whole time and never looked at anything else.  But we are still waiting for the final version.   Paper Products: Celebrations in Paper—Good The work was amazing & beautiful—we got so many compliments on how nice it was.  We were disappointed in how long she took to do things though.  She would give us deadlines on when we needed to go to print & wouldn’t even have us a proof by that date.  I had BM schedules made and she had to mail them herself without me seeing them because she waited so long to do them.  The wedding planner had to physically go down there to hurry her up.   Flowers: Butterfly Petals—Good The flowers ended up beautiful and she was able to pull of having fish in our centerpieces.  But my bouquet was less full than I’d wanted (but it was fine & I still really liked it).  The centerpieces weren’t exactly what we’d discussed, but again, still really nice.  My MOH was going to take the bouquet to be preserved, but it started to rot the day after the wedding.  We are going to ask her to make a silk one.   Rentals: Tri rentals (Chairs)—Excellent Tyler’s Custom Deisgn (Indian canopy)—Excellent Special events Linens (table cloths & napkins)—Excellent   Transportation: Ollie the Trolley—Excellent Everyone told me they were great & had a lot of fun on the trolley   All Aboard America—Poor Everyone said the busses were really comfortable & nice, but they sent busses that were too big & couldn’t get into the clubhouse.  I found out later that the wedding planner & BM had to shuttle people to the bus in their cars.  They also didn’t send enough & the last bus out ended up being an hour before it was supposed to be—so the wedding wound up ending early & before our car came.  The planner got the people on the bus to wait so we could have a send off.  Our driver made us give him a CC # even thought it was pre-paid & that seemed shady.   Hair & Makeup: Helen Williams (from Salon Tru) & Ashley—Excellent Did a great job & were able to transform me really fast between ceremonies since I had two different looks.  They were really fun too!   Babysitters: PartySitters—Excellent My nephews were still talking about how much fun they had a week later!  The only thing that bugged us was that they were telling parents at 9:30 they had to take their kids even though they would get paid overtime for kids that were there after 9:30.  The planner took care of it though.   Photobooth: ScrapBOOTH—Good People enjoyed it and the scrapbook was really nice.  We still haven’t gotten our CD like we should have.  The guy running it wasn’t outgoing & didn’t show people there were props or how to put their pics in the book.  It was really underutilized as a result.   DJ: MP3 Entertainment—Excellent High energy and kept the floor packed.  Even provided the set up for my nephew to do the ceremony music.   Officiants: Mark Faul—Excellent  Funny & made it very personal even though we only met with him once in a get to know you. Dr Arun Sharma (Indian)—Excellent Funny & made it so that people knew what was going on.  Kept it brief & worked with my aunt to meet our family traditions.   Dresses: Destiny’s Bride (wedding gown)—Excellent Alterations were great and the service was good.  Since my dress wasn’t in on time and I wasn’t able to try it until close to the wedding (since Im out of state), they gave me the headpiece at half off.  They were also able to get the sample from the designer so I could show my BMs from out of town.   Azteca (BM dresses)—Poor They measured 2 of the BMs wrong so they had the wrong sizes.  Took forver to check us out & took people ahead of us in line.  Did not call anyone to let us know the dresses were ready & when the MOH called they said theyd been there for weeks.  At least we got the right dresses.   Brunch Caterer: Creative Hads Cuisine—Excellent Looked beautiful & food was fantastic.   Rehersal Dinner: Jalapeno Inferno—Good Food & service were good.  They set up the tables wrong.  We should’ve had the whole patio & one long table, instead we had 3 separate tables so that not everyone was seated together.    Sorry its so long-but I hope its useful.  If anyone has questions, feel free to email me at anjabeans at aol dot com.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards