Arizona-Phoenix

Bridal Salon Recommendation

Hi Ladies,I'm newly engaged and I am planning on looking for dresses around the 1st of the year.  Do you have any recommendations for good Bridal Salons to check out?  I heard of I do, I do, but there is a ton of negative feedback about them online.  Looking for somewhere that has a lot of different dresses to try on.Thanks!!!

Re: Bridal Salon Recommendation

• edited December 2011
    I went to I do I do like 4 different times and they were very helpful there. I would make an appointment with Nadia. I did not buy my dress there so I am not sure about how that side of their business works. I found them to have the largest selection of dresses of the stores I visited. Another store that I like was Suzanne's bridal in Gilbert even though they did not have any of the dresses that I wanted to try on. Once you find your dress I would definitely call around town to find the most prices. Most of the time you will get it from Aztecca bridal. Their costumer service is not that great, but you can't beat their prices. I did not have a good experience with Once in a Lifetyme bridal. The sales girl was too busy studying for a midterm to help us when we were there. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I had a bad experience at I Do I Do but they do have TONS of dresses / designers. I went to Suzanne's Bridal and was surprised by their selection and customer service - definitely recommended. I read about this place in Mesa called Carillo's Wedding Emporium - they seem to have good reviews and fair prices. I might go there before I finalize my order at Suzanne's Bridal.
  • edited December 2011
    For my first wedding I went through Suzanne's salon in Gilbert and I highly recommend them. They are very friendly and willing to help find just exactly what you are looking for. Thier alterations are also pretty affordable. The wedding I went to one out of state that shipped to me here in AZ. They too were really nice. I happened to be in Dallas and bought when I was there but I also recommend them but first know what dress you want. Thier website is www.bridalco.com. They were cheaper then most shops I looked at here. Have fun planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Brides to Be in Tempe.  there on the corner of warner and mcclintock.  I didnt actually purchase my dress at the shop, I found my dress at her booth at a bridal show.  But she is really affordable
  • claudette0218claudette0218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! This was all so helpful!
  • katafie929katafie929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Suzannes in Gilbert. I went there for a trunk show for Maggie Sottero, it was the only day i shopped for a dress and the only store. I found them to be very friendly and helpful : )
  • edited December 2011
    Mariee in Scottsdale is very nice as well.  I just bought my dress there.  If you can go when the owner is there, she is the exact opposite of a pushy saleswoman - very nice, informative, and helpful.  They also carry brands that aren't in the larger "mega-shops".
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if I can ethically recommend this, but I went to David's Bridal.  I absolutely hated their service, but I fell in love with one of their dresses. I thought it was way overpriced.  I knew that I wanted that dress, but I didn't really care to pay David's Bridal for it haha.  I found someone online who had purchased this dress, but never wore it. I bought it from her for almost half of the price, and it was brand new. I took it to Janet Kirkman Alterations and had it turned into the dress of my dreams!  I had every intention of buying from David's, but they were just so terrible to me.  I didn't want to pay the commission for bad service.  I know that many brides go to salons to try the dress on, then search for them independently online.Hope this helps!
    Photobucket
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the board!!!
    Photobucket
  • Fondue IIFondue II member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Uptown Bridal in Chandler.  It is such a cute little shop and it's owned by a woman and her twin daughters.  Everyone there is so warm, friendly, and extremely helpful.  They let you look through the dresses without being harrassed, you tag the ones you like, then they pull them and help you with trying them on (and they give you a strapless spanx-type slip to put on so you don't have to feel uncomfortable in your underwear in front of a stranger!).  If you're looking for a little help, they're happy to make suggestions without being that pushy salesperson breathing down your neck the whole time.You might want to check to see when they're having their sample sale.  I think last year it was the first week of December, and I bought my dress for 50% off!
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fondue - gorgeous pic! You are making me quite jealous, since mine aren't back yet. Do you have any more?
  • lolobaby23lolobaby23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Destiny's Bridal in Scottsdale...very pricey, big-name designers though.  If that is not your budget, don't even go!  The trunk shows are usually 15-20% off.  I worked with Genevieve...she was awesome!  Other staff members were helpful and friendly too.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are the kind of person who wants to go through the dresses yourself and find the dresses that you like, not what the salesperson thinks you'll like, then definitely go to I Do, I Do and Azteca.  I'm that type of person so I enjoyed these stores.  I will warn you that the customer service is not great at either store but they have tons of dresses and you get to go through and choose what you like.   One other word of caution- I wouldn't recommend ordering your dress from Azteca.  I found both my wedding dress and my bridesmaids dresses at I Do, I Do but Azteca was able to get them significantly cheaper ($60 cheaper on each bridesmaid dress and a little over $200 cheaper on my dress) so I ordered them.  After that, dealing with Azteca was a nightmare.  I won't go into the long story but basically they kept changing the date that my dress would be in and telling me that the new date had been the arrival date all along.  And every person I talked to there gave me a different answer to the same questions.  My dress finally arrived 3 weeks before my wedding (2 months later than the promised date).  I would never go through that stress again to save a couple hundred dollars.
  • HeidiandZachHeidiandZach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about Uptown Bridal in Chandler...it is the cutest shop and they have gorgeous dresses with very helpful and nice staff. I bought my dress there and had a wonderful, special experience! It was the 2nd time I went dress shopping and I found the one....and it wasn't because I pulled it. They listened to everything I had said as I tried on dresses about what I didn't like and liked and she ended up pulling the dress that was perfect for me! I highly recommend going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards