Arizona-Phoenix

Budget Wedding Venues in the Flagstaff area?

Hey everyone! I am having the hardets time finding relatively inexpensive reception/ceremony venues in the Flagstaff area! We found Thornager's, which we will be visting in a few weeks, but I would like to check out at least 2 more to compare prices and services.  We're trying not to spend more than $1000 for the location and are totally open to out-of-the-box ideas! Any suggestions would be so incredibly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Budget Wedding Venues in the Flagstaff area?

• livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I just moved to the Flag area and had the hardest time finding a budget venue here as well, and eventually just decided on finding a venue in the Phoenix area instead since basically everyone will be traveling to us for our wedding anyways.

If you're looking at a smaller guest list, like under 100 people, some of the state parks in the area are gorgeous. I really liked the look of Slide Rock and the Riordan Mansion, but we're going to have way too many people for either of those places. The State park websites have all of the wedding/rental info on them though. The only other downside to them is you rent just the space and have to bring everything in, but since the cost of the venue rental is so low (anywhere from $25-$250) it's totally affordable.
    Hope this helps! :) 

Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • jmh447jmh447 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, helps in the sense that it kind of was beginning to confirm my suspicions that no such thing exists in Flagstaff! I guess the search continues! Thanks!
  • jmh447jmh447 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ya, were did you end up deciding on in Phoenix? I was just thinking that maybe we can have a fall wedding instead if we can't find something reasonable in Flagstaff!

Thanks!
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We still aren't sure, but right now my top picks are Inside the Bungalow and Pinnacle Vila Vista. They're kind of different from each other, so I want to visit them to see which one I prefer. We're getting married in the fall so we can have it outside, but the option of inside is always ncie too. The planning's kind of hard, since I just moved here and still can't solidify anything until we make a trip to Phoenix, but it's not that far and I love both areas so it works :) 

October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • jmh447jmh447 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great! I just graduated from NAU in May and lived in Flagstaff for 2 years and I've been in Phx my whole life. If you need any tips about getting around or things like that let me know! I'd be glad to help! I think we may have to seriously consider pushing our date back if we can't find a cheap enough place in Flagstaff, which will give us more time to save anyway!

Thanks again!
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you! NAU's the reason we're here, we both transfered and I start this fall, FI starts next fall (getting residency first). I'm really excited to get to know the area but it is overwhelming not knowing anyone or anything.
    More time is a good thing when it involved such giant costs. Good luck on your hunting :) 

Image475x475
  • darencdarenc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are getting married at Arizona Snowbowl in 17 days! We paid about $1500 for the venue.  The food, however, is a different story.  It's the most reasonable rate that we were able to find in Flag, and you can't beat the view! 
    Anniversary
  • I need help too looked into the museum, coconinocenter for the arts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards