Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Bakeries

Hi all,

I have been planning my wedding for a bit now, and I have been having a hard time finding a bakery my FI and I both like that is also reasonable priced.  We want our cake to look like a stack of Legos, and we have found one bakery we really like, but the cake would end up costing more than my dress.  Does any one have any suggestions?  Thanks!!!!

Re: Bakeries

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hello and welcome to the board.  I would start by scrolling down a bit.  There have been several posts over the month or so regarding this topic.  They should be very helpful to you!  You may have to read on page 2 or 3, but it will be well worth it!

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your idea of affordable?  How much per slice of cake?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i always recommend 2 places... i LOVE Baker Wee. they did my cake and it was incredible. they recreated a doily my grandmother made on the top tier of the cake. it was gorgeous and didn't cost too much at all.  the other place i love is a Piece of Cake. when i was working as a catering manager, i contracted with them to do all our cakes for weddings. they're awesome. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was just at a baby shower and the cake was done by Sugar Buzz, the cake was insanely awesome! She does a good job at scultping (which is what you are looking for it sounds like) And it tasted FANTASTIC!

• Options
    lynnmariellynnmariel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, can I just say LOVE the lego idea! That is fantastic! We almost put lego people on top of our cake :). We are having our cake done through Sugarlips in Mesa. Ours is just buttercream though... I imagine yours may have to be fondant but I guess it depends on the bakery. Also on the number of people... I know they charge about $3.50 to $4.00 a slice ($4 for fondant slices).
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our cake with Miranda at creativecake4u.com  Her prices are outstanding!  And I think I saw a lego bday cake on her webiste that she did for a kida bday...so I'm sure she could transform that into a wedding cake somehow!
    Hope she is helpful!  We are really excited about her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    afrigonafrigon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!  I think we found our bakery, my mom just needs to ok them, and she'll be trying their samples on Wednesday.  I'll let everyone know if we end up going with them.
  • Options
    afrigonafrigon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Piece of Cake Desserts in Mesa.  They had really tasty cake and are very nice to work with.  Thank you all for the help!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards