Arizona-Phoenix

Review of Local Alterations Company

Hello Ladies!  I have not posted on this board before have recently used an alterations company in Phoenix (well, Mesa) and thought you all should know.  I live in Yuma but our wedding is in southern Michigan where we are from.  My dress was purchased online through a reputable dealer and I needed it altered "locally" so I searched around and decided on Sandra Denley who owns Alterations Etc.  She has been absolutely wonderful to work with and her work is amazing!!  My dress did not require to much work, or so I thought.  Originally I went in for a bustle, bra pads and have it taken in.  There is ALOT of beading, applique and reapplique so I did not want to have it taken in for fear of losing this detailing.  She added a corset back under the zipper but my "final" fitting which was last Friday we realized we had to take it in because it was just to big (I lost a little more weight).  She has been great with her pricing, she took some off and reworked it so it didn't add to much.  Plus, the farther in advance you book the better deal you get like free bra pads, free steaming (or however they do it), and other incentives.  Her prices are very reasonable and she has nice garment bags if your dress did not come with one or came with a cheap plastic one like mine.  She is easy to get a hold of, knows her stuff and has a lot of experience.  I would highly recommend her to anybody who needs alterations done in the Phoenix area.  Since I am flying to Michigan with my dress she will even be packing it into my suitcase for me!!  Best of luck to you ladies I hope your days turn out to be everything you dreamed (and worked so hard planning :) ).  If you want specific information please feel free to PM me and I will gladly give it to you.  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Review of Local Alterations Company

• I used Sandra as well and had a GREAT experience with her. She met w/ me numerous times and made lots of little nips and tucks which made my dress hang just beautifully on me. I'd highly recommend her as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thanks for posting!

I used Sandra as well, for 2 dresses, and she was amazing.  I agree with everything you said.  =)
    Photobucket

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• I got my dress at Brilliant Bridal and they offered alterations there including free spot cleaning, steaming, etc.  The seamstress I met with, her name was Chris Harris, did great work!  For those that haven't bought a dress yet and want everything done at the same place for the lowest price, Brilliant Bridal is the place to go.  Looks like Sandra does good work too!  Maybe if I get a formal gown online in the future, I'll look into seeing her!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards