Arizona-Phoenix
Options

invites/place cards

Hi Ladies!
Anyone have ideas/recommendations for addressing the invites and writing the place cards?  I don't need a fancy calligrapher...but I don't want them to look like a 5th grader wrote them out either!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Andrea
ar121110

Re: invites/place cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I found a calligrapher on etsy who did them for pretty cheap.  Her name is Erin Tinney if you want to search for her.  I just mailed her my placecards and a list of names, she did them and mailed them back.  It was really easy, they looked great and it was pretty cheap (as far as calligraphy goes).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are going for a more modern look, I really like wrap-around sticker labels for the invites. You can print them off typed in whatever font you want. There is a template on marthastewartweddings.com. Some people (my mom) believe that you must have something handwritten on the invitations or it doesn't seem personal enough, so it's up to you. :)

You could do typed placecards as well, but if you're just having regular placecards, it seems like setting up a template would be more work than necessary. Although, you could probably find one on googledocs or wedding wire.  It's possible though that you could tie it into some sort of theme and then I think it would be worth it. There are a million cute ideas out there for placecards. I'm making a big poster out of placecards that is a huge undertaking, but it's going to be a big decorative piece for my entryway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always print out the text because at least you know it is a consistent font and size, and you can test it out at home! Get them professionally printed at like OfficeMax or Kinkos by the bulk (8x11) and they can cut them to your desire for pretty cheap (like $1.00 a cut at 200 sheets per cut).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards