Arizona-Phoenix

Arizona Golf Resort

My FI and I toured there on Saturday and loved it.  The coordinator seemed to be really on top of things and they have good reviews on weddingwire.com.  We actually have a contract in hand, but I just wanted to know if anyone has ever been to a wedding there, etc or any other experiences with them?
Anniversary

Re: Arizona Golf Resort

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I looked there and heard they are going through foreclosure so please be aware of that and ask them to disclose some information about that.

Otherwise it is indeed gorgeous! My best friend had her rehearsal dinner there and it was perfect! Beautiful venue!
  • edited December 2011
    We looked there too and loved it!  Our wedding was too small for them.  But, I would agree with PP.  The parent company that owns them also owned or still owns Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale.  There was a period last year Orange Tree stopped doing weddings.  I am not sure if they have started again or where they stand financially, but I would tread lightly (or at least do your homework)!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up.  It is in the contract that if they can't host our event that we will get a 100% refund.  However, that does of course worry me about being able to find another venue if that should happen.  I'll look into it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I heard they were going out of business as well. I can't remember where I heard it, I think from my friend that went and looked at it and liked it, but then changed her mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So I got the scoop.  They are currently bank owned, but being managed by a company that owns and manages a lot of hotels who is also currently investing money into the property.  The ownership may change hands, but the way the property is being managed and their services are still the same.  I'm still comfortable with booking there because it really is a great property.  Also when I looked into it, there are quite a few large golf resorts and hotels that are facing forclosure, including Troon North, Crowne Plaza San Marcos, and the Pointe Hitlon Tapatio Cliffs, but they are all still in the wedding game, which is good to hear.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards