Arizona-Phoenix
Options

any tips for a Sedona wedding?

Hi! I just got engaged in June! My fiance and I have decided on a Sedona wedding in Fall 2012. I'm in the beginning stages of the planning and I'm getting sticker shock! We live in-state so we're still expecting 100-120 guests. We want an outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor reception. I wanted to stay closer to 10k but i'm already getting quotes from 14k-21k just for ceremony and reception! I don't have any dresses, flowers, photography, and music yet. For all other Sedona brides, is this the price range you've been working with? Was I naive to aim for 10-15k? I would really appreciate any tips on saving $$$. Thanks!
Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

Re: any tips for a Sedona wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HI there! I am getting married in Sedona on 10/8/11. I have about 40 people attending and the total cost is about 11K. That includes my flowers, cake, music, photography (which was $3000 alone), invitations, officiant, hair/makeup, food, alcohol, and venue rentals. It doesnt include some of the smaller things that you need just to make the day come together successfully or the dress.. So overall the wedding will be up to $15k for everything...I had a $8000 budget when I started..haha.

We are having it at Amara Resort and Spa. It's beautiful and the ceremony/reception are both outdoors but they cater to smaller weddings. My BEST advice is use vendors in Sedona. My photographer, officiant and musician are out of town and its been expensive b/c you have to pay for their hotels and travel time, but personally I thought it was worth it. I couldnt find what I wanted in a photographer or musican in Sedona.

I also looked at Sedona Rouge...wow the rooftop is amazing! But you don't get the creek like at Amara. I have heard that Tlaquepaque is affordable and great for medium to larger outdoor weddings (dont think they have indoor area though). The Sedona Golf Resort and Poco Dioblo Resorts are awesome too...they were too large for us but you may like it since your group will fill it in.

Overall, I found that it's pricey to have it in Sedona but I think if you are ok with compromising on a few things (like not having a $3000 photography package) than you can make it afforable. We just went a bit overboard on certain things. 

Oh also! We saved money by serving a lunch menu for dinner (it was a heavy lunch menu) and also you save tons of money having a morning or afternoon wedding (not to mention off season). I would look into those options if you are open to it. 

Sorry for the super long response! Good luck!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks mariaramirez33 for all your advice! I'll definitely look into lunch menus. My fiance and I are going to look at some venues this weekend. The Sedona Rouge looks promising. They just opened a new courtyard this month and it looks like they're really catering to the wedding industry because the new courtyard is just an enclosed grassy area with an aisle down the middle :P

Congratulations to you and your fiance! I was looking at Amara Resort too but was disappointed that they couldn't accomodate a large party. I'm sure your wedding is going to be beautiful! Don't feel bad about your photography package because i'm sure it'll be worth it. I love scrapbooking so photos and capturing moments are very important to me. I'll have to catch up with you after your wedding to hear how everything went!

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck this weekend! I think you will like Sedona Rouge it's super nice...you have to check out the rooftop : )

Once the wedding is over I'll post reviews on all the vendors maybe that will help if you are still looking. Congratulations! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm researching a Sedona wedding too and yeah, for a party that size you're probably looking at 20K just for the wedding and reception. well, if you cut out the open bar you might save a chunk, but we refuse to do that. :)

We have an appt on the 19th to check out Sedona Rouge- they look gorgeous online so I'm so excited!

We do have our photographer booked already- Sierra Blanco. They do that area a lot so there's no travel charge. They are kinda pricey, but not nearly as much as the photogs based out of sedona- I think they're called Sedona Bride.

Good luck! Glad to see there are other Sedona brides on here to bounce things off of!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sedona Rouge does look gorgeous online! i want to know who THEIR photographer was! Their ballroom was our favorite. I'm sad i wasn't as impressed with their rooftop as I thought I would be.

We decided on an outdoor wedding at Los Abrigados Resort. we thought the grounds were really pretty. they have tennis courts, 2 pools, mini golf, sports bar with pool tables, and was conveniently situated next to Tlaquepaque which we thought would be great for guests.

Yes, it's great to get comments and feedback from other Sedona brides. excited for you all!

i love sedona!

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow... I would love to hear how things go... We are using Talaquepaque in March for our ceremony.. really inexpensive and beautiful.. and luckly for us my fiance's uncle owns a fancy Italian restaurant in town.. I am considering putting together all my own flowers to save money... I would love to know the vendors you do end  up using.. I do need hair, makeup , officiant and a cake still.   PS... the time of year really helps your budget in Sedona too !!! Los Abrigados is really nice too !! (watch out for the ducks if your near the creek !!)
  • Options
    Check out Heartline Cafe. It is a mom and pops shop. Phyllis the owner is a wedding planner and does not charge if you use them for the rehearsal dinner, reception or even catering. They have two buildings and one of them can accomidate about 100 people for the reception. Each building has a beautiful patio with white lights hugh up. If you do the reception at Heartline, you can remove the cost of renting tables, linnens and dinnerwear. They also always put out fresh flowers on the tables. It does not have the most beautiful Sedona view, but reasonable in price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards