Arizona-Phoenix

Inside the Bungalow, Grotto, Arizona Historical Society

Did any of you brides choose these venues or have you been to a wedding at these venues?

Inside The Bungalow - Mesa
The Grotto at the Arizona Center - Phoenix
Arizona Historical Society at Papago Park - Tempe

They seem pretty affordable, unless there are some hidden costs I'm not seeing!

I appreciate feedback/ideas!

Re: Inside the Bungalow, Grotto, Arizona Historical Society

• edited December 2011
    I don't have personal experience with any of these venues, but I had a co-worker that got married at Inside the Bungalow and she had said it fit very nicely in her tight budget. Also, her pictures were gorgeous and the place looked really nice!
  • edited December 2011
    I toured AZ Historical Society. I thought the outside areas were really nice with the desert -- I was underwhelmed by the inside. It is also under the flight path to Sky Harbor. It wouldn't bother FI or I because we used to live in that area, but it would certainly bother some.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't toured any of them but I have known a couple people that used Inside the Bungalow and raved about it.  I didn't go to their weddings so I can't speak to the venue but my friends said it was nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A woman I'm friendly with was recently married at the Arizona Historical Society.  She thought is was wonderful in every way and didn't say anything about being in the flight path.  Hope that helps. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    One of my really good friends got married at the Historical Society.  There are several challenges to overcome if you are going to use their outside space.

If you are going to book there and use their outside space for your ceremony and reception, PLEASE go and sit there for at least an hour with friends and try to carry on a casual conversation.  NOTE: you must do this at the time your wedding and reception would be taking place.  Even with microphones, the bridal party whom were giving speeches had to stop and wait for the planes overhead before they could continue.  One even stopped and started singing "Leavin on a jet plane"! While it added humor, it was not funny by the 4th speech!  And during the ceremony, the pastor did not stop the ceremony, but the audience completely missed what she was saying when the planes were crossing overhead.

Also, I believe the cater uses just a prep area.  You will want to double check.  But, she was extremely disappointed in the recommended vendor for catering as the food was cold and service took a very long time because of the distance from the prep area to the tables. 

Just something to think about-

- How many people are you going to invite?  The courtyard at the Historical society swallowed her 100 person wedding.  But, the bungalow would complement this size nicely.  Although I have never been to a wedding there, I did tour it.
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done events at both the historical society and Inside the Bungalow.  I found the Historical Society a little too cold and industrial for my taste for a wedding.  Inside the Bungalow did a fantastic job.  Very cute and intimate.

All the best,
    Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com
  • danzchica24danzchica24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!! I'm expecting about 130. Hopefully I'll get to tour the historical society this weekend so I can check out the space form myself and listen for the airplanes :).

My one concern with the Bungalow is that you must end at 10pm. I'm not sure I'll be ready for the night to end so early!
  • drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You could also look at 12 West Main.  It's walking distance from Inside the Bungalow.  I've done a few weddings there and it's a lovely little spot and you wouldn't have to worry about when you end...

Let us know which you pick
    Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards